Blair Morgan Seriously Injured - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Racing Post all discussions relating to snowmobile hill climbs, ovals, ice racing, SnoCross and drag racing (pavement, grass and snow) in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Just Plain Need A Life

Blair Morgan Seriously Injured

Blair Morgan has been a vital member of the Blackfoot motocross team in Canada for six years, becoming a hero and role model for scores of Canadian and international motocross and snocross enthusiasts. I have been asked by Blackfoot to forward this update to the moto and snow media. We received the following update from Blair Morgan's wife, Terri, letting us know what his condition is. -dan

Blair Morgan September 22, 2008

As most of you know Blair has suffered a substantial injury due to a crash while practicing for Montreal Supercross at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal.

During Saturday afternoon practice in Montreal, Blair sustained substantial injuries to his middle back. A surgery was performed and went well, however it was soon discovered that as a result of the vertebrae separating from each other on impact, Blairís spinal cord was severed, leaving him with paralysis from his middle back down. He was taken off the ventilator soon after surgery and has been progressing well since. This afternoon (September 22, 2008) he was moved out of ICU to the orthopaedic floor and arrangements are now being made for his transfer closer to home. He is resting now and he is focused on recovering and working closely with the physiotherapists. I know as most of you do as well, Blair is a fighter and this incidence will not keep him down for long.

Special thanks to everyone for their well wishes, just so you know there are so many people rooting for Blair and we really appreciate it so much.

Please feel free to e-mail your questions and well wishes to Blair at:
blairmorganrecovery@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Aprentice

oh man thats horrible.

i recently crashed my ATV a broke my back too
3 vertabree but only 1 was broken all the way

but i luckly did not get any spinal cord damage

its a 3 month recovery (its been a month) but a full recovery

i hate seeing other riders hurt, no matter what kind of ride u got

and it always seems to be broken backs. i remember seeing Jaramia Jones (please be spelt right lol) get hurt in a crash and he is paralized also (he was for team suzuki i belive 2 ish years ago on the LTR 450s)

any way thats too bad =(
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Just Plain Need A Life

Thank you from Blair Morgan family

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support over the past 9 weeks. Blair the Children and I are so thankful for all the support...Congratulations to Tucker for his wins at Duluth this past weekend.

Terri Morgan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode