RMK800 OR AC800 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 11:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

RMK800 OR AC800

Does anyone have any input on the 800 twins for high marking and powder riding. I was primarily interested in the Rmk 800,144". But lately i've been hearing several rumurs about the power of the AC 800 Mountain cat. The geometry of the RMK seems to be right on the money for mountain riding. Has anyone actually seen the new cat perform, if it does have more power is it setup properly for mountain riding. Do the power valves work as well as they say? This isn't going to be another AC 700 PS is it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2000, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RMK800 OR AC800

I will get to ride the mountian cat 800 this comming week-end in california, I'm looking at the same two.
the cat looks good in the pics. Will see how the power is.
Jack

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 07:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jack please let us know after your ride.
Icecube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2000, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I rode an RMK 800 this weekend that made my RMK 700 mod act like a CAT! This thing blew me away! Cory was there to see it first hand as well.

The only thing that really made my day was when I took the 800 50 feet higher on the hill in fresh tracks than the guy that owned it.

RMK 800 - Awesome possibilities!

Mark
PowderBound
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 07:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mark,

Was the RMK 800 a 2000 model or 2001? Was it stock???
Just curious as I have snow checked a 2001 RMK 800

Thanks .....Tom

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2000, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It was a 2000 and not stock. I have been on the stock 800's and have not been impressed over my modified 700. The 2001 800 will be a great sled, Piped, ported and 156" it is awesome.

Mark
PowderBound
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2000, 12:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I rode the Mountian Cat 800 sat. engagement was low "3500", carbs were rich,would only pull 7400 rpm still needs
some fine tuning. Motor is real smooth,. it pulled hard to about 95 mph. Had no powder to try it in "Ice/slush"
Rode on ski runs, no problem on steep slopes. I should of taken my 700 RMK to run against it.I think my 700
will keep-up ( not stock though)
Jack

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2000, 04:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mark,

Lets go ride! I own a cat!

Paul B

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2000, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bring it on Paul! I have ridden with the best of the best on all brands. My little RMK 700 even keeps up with some of them. If you think that your cat is superior to anything out there, you will be in for a ride. Where do you ride and in what conditions do you believe you are the God of sledding?

Mark
PowderBound
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2000, 12:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Never said I thought I was the "God" of sledding! Just don't like people talking smack. My last post was to see if I would get that response. I did. I just don't like closed minded people who think the brand they ride is the only thing on the mountain that is worth a $hit. The fact is, all the major brands make damn nice sleds. I have many friends that have Polaris, Arctic Cat, Yamaha, and Ski Doo. I've riden them all. What I've found is that with an advanced level of knowledge about his own sled, they all do about the same thing. I, and my friends have put stock Cats, Polaris, ect. in places mods won't go with poor riders, that think they are good. I ride all over Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. I do all the back country. Climbed all the big stuff. I don't think my sled is superior to anything out there and never said it was. I also don't think I'm the "God" of snowmobiling but I think I've met him and I don't believe he said his name was Mark. I'm sure you know that there are a lot of "locals" out there that you have never met that have a love of the sport and because of that are much better than those of you that call yourselves professionals. I ride 5 to 6 times a week, every week. I ride with guys that ride much more than I do. I've met guys that can blow me off the mountain, you may be one of them, I don't believe I've ever met you. To answer your question, I specialize in boondocking and deep powder riding. I also specialize in side hilling, steep stuff. I love side hilling things snow shouldn't stick to, I love the rush. I guess I'm a technical freak when it comes to my style of riding.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I would love to ride with you. Maybe you could teach me a few things. I've never gone out with an expert rider that didn't do something alittle different than I do and a lot of times learn a new, better way to do it. I'm also glad I got that response from you. It lets me prove a point. No, all sleds aren't equal, but don't trash on any one brand, there is a whole world out there you could be missing if you close your eyes and mind.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode