RMK800 OR AC800 - Page 4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: RMK800 OR AC800

I believe Snowtech's report. Best snowmobile magazine out there. However, I thought the 120's was the hp not the torque. There I go for saying stuff from memory.

Trails are made for flatlanders.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2000, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry mrpwr, your argument is getting a little thin. You're saying that Snowtech measured crank H.P. and track torque?? Then listed
the results in the same chart?? Get a life man. Both numbers were CRANK measured. I'll publicly appologize to you if you can
e-mail me a scanned copy of an actual dyno sheet of a stock 800 RMK producing over 100 ft lbs at the crank. I'll be gone for a week,
so you've got plenty of time to come up with one. :-)

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
post #33 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2000, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i said torque and hp at the rear idlers, i doubt any sled can put 100lbs of torque at the idlers. you send me some proof and then i will get a life till then i hope your wife isnt sleeping around on you when your gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 04:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A fairly reliable source told me today that their independant dyno test showed 130 HP and 90 ftlbs of torque on the stock '01 RMK 800. But 145 HP and 110 ftlbs of torque after porting only. I can't wait to add the pipe! I am also told, by the same source, that the stock '01 RMK 800 will smoke the '00 RMK 800 with pipes and porting.

Mark
PowderBound
post #35 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2000, 09:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mark!!

I can definately agree with your reliable source (Jack?) on the results of pipe and porting, but I have ridden the 2001 and it is not even close to the piped and ported 2000 that we both rode....

Corey

post #36 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I too have riden a 01' 800. There is no way in hell that it will hang with my ported and piped 00'. Not trying to start an arguement here
just telling my experience.

post #37 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Like I said, this came from a good source not me. I have ridden the '00 sled, stock, piped and ported and the '01 stock. But not side by side. So until next November, I will not have my own opinion on the subject. I do know that my new '01 RMK 800 will be ported, have the SLP single pipe and Heelclicker weights at the beginning of the year and an additional 2000 miles added by the end.

Hope you guys find a way to figure this all out over the next five months or so?

I also plan to run over as many 1" diameter trees as possible and chase the buffalo in Yellowstone National park for one last year. (just kidding) The ban on sleds is really going to hurt some folks!

Mark
PowderBound
post #38 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2000, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No 800 is putting over 120hp to the rear idlers either, not with the norm of nearly 40% of crank H.P. lost on it's way to the track.
Why should I send you proof? You claim to have read the same article as me, which measured CRANK hp and torque. Once again,
the arcticle I quote is in the Winter 1999-2000 Snow Tech magazine, written by Jerry Mathews at Starting Line Products, go get your
own damn copy.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode