Tuning for SLP single pipe - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tuning for SLP single pipe

I've read all the posts regarding pipes, and decided on an slp single for my '00 rmk 700 w/144" track. V-force reeds are on back order, but will follow the pipe. Other than a boost bottle, (I'm told that would clean up the bottom end), reeds and the pipe it'll be stock. Where do I start with jetting? I've got 56g weights. I run 6-9000'. Anyone have experience with this set up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tuning for SLP single pipe

The pipe comes with a good spec sheet. If you want to really make the pipe work though, Install heelclicker weights. You will be able to run real heavy on the bottom end and generate some serious heat in the pipe right from the get go. And that is what the SLP single pipe needs - lots of heat!

If you have the inclination to go high end weights, let me know. My '99 RMK700 is dialed in to a tee and it screams. I am happy to share my setup info with the serious tuner.

Mark
PowderBound
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 12:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Watched what a good set of Heelclickers will do this weekend. The '99 700 RMK we road with could do climbs I never saw a
snowmobile accomplish before, with ease. The hardest thing our friend had to tackle was keeping the skis within a foot of the ground
on the really gnarly hills. It's simply awe inspiring watching a sled climb a hill with only the last foot of the track in the snow.
RAW POWER...without any other mods except for a can and Hellclickers.

If you can't buy what you want, BUILD IT!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 06:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 2000 RMK 700, I run SLP single, V-Force reeds, Boost bottle, 62.5 weights, 50/32 short helix, 190/195 jets
I ride 6000-9000 ft. runs very good. but make sure the pipe is hot or it will surge at wot.
good luck Jack.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 09:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We found that removing 1/4" from the the inlet end of the pipe will do a lot for the surge at wot. But even better yet was the use of the Heel Clicker weights. The addition of the 10 grams on the heel generates enough heat in the pipe to do cold shots within 100 feet. Then when the pipe gets hot, it really runs good!

Mark
PowderBound
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2000, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where can I get heel clicker weights, how do I know what to buy. How do they perform in the trees. Do I need to change
anything else to run those weights.
Thanks Jack
P.S. I'm really happy with the way my clutch performs,what will it change in clutch performance.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 07:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can get the weights and info at http://www.supertorquer.com
There is a small modification to make to your primary clutch. You have to drill three holes to make room for the heel on the weight. And just use your stock helix. You will need to do some fine tune adjusting to get the best performance out of your sled, but it really is easy to do. I thought I was happy with the performance of my clutching prior to installing the weight too. It was like night and day for me though the first time I went out with them.
Visit the web page and read Randy's tech article. That will help you understand what these new weights are all about.

Mark
PowderBound
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 02:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do they perform compared to the lightning weight kits from Tricity polaris in the 700rmk, what gram wts are you running in the heel clickers? I am running 65gr in the lightnings

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2000, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run 62 grams with an additional 11 grams combined on the heel. I used to run lightning weights and like the heel clickers better. The bottom end is unbelievable.

Mark
PowderBound
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2000, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is that the 60-7 or 65-7 part #

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode