Yamaha Mountain Max 700 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-1999, 01:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha Mountain Max 700

Just got my Yamaha MM 700 and took it for a spin up in the hills, what a piece of crap! My old Polaris 700 RMK would blow it away. I even sent the heads off to Bender to get shaved and ported along with triple pipes. My old 700 RMK with its single aftermarket pipe would walk all over this machine. The Mountain Max is truly a disgrace to the Yamaha name. Oh yeah, if you're looking for a sled that eats a belt up every time to take it for a trip this is the one for you! Just a little advice, don't be a fool like me and buy a Yamaha Mountain Max 700! Only thing I see the Yamaha has is a plush suspension, but hell who needs that when you are climbing a mountain?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-1999, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Yamaha Mountain Max 700

I can't believe that the MM sucks that bad! I'm personally a Summit guy but was under the impression that they would at least be pretty decent sleds. What good is a 3 year warranty if your at the bottom of the hill? Next year you better stick with the RMK or the Summit.

NATE
REDEYE RACING
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-1999, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Last year I rode over a thousand miles with two friends. What a group we were, RMK 700, 700 MM, and a summit X. The MM 700 was ported, piped, milled head and v-force reeds. The summit had pipes. RMK was ported with stock head and pipe. We were all so close in everything we did we couldn't stand it.

The moral of my story is to say: If you buy a MM700 and expect it to run with an RMK 700 straight up a hill, plan to spend $2000 extra to make it happen.

Mark
PowderBound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-1999, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a friend who has a '97 mm700. I bought a 700 RMK that same year. My sled lew him away. In '99 I traded for a '99 700 RMK. He spent a lot of money on porting, pipes, etc.. and finally kept up. This year I bought a '00 800 RMK. He didn't find out until too late. Now he can't find a sled anywhere to keep up. He's in Utah looking fir something right now..

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-08-1999, 11:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Definately something wrong with your mm. The belt(8-dn) should last allmost forever. I rode with 2 piped 700 mm,s(00) & they clobbered virtually everything. Sounds like your centre to centre or alignment is way out of wack.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-09-1999, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How about trying another dealer. Just a short story. Bought an 98 700 RMK ran ok kept backfiring etc
fouling plugs shifting bad you get the picture I did get a good price on it. I finally took it to an different
dealer who I had done business with before. He asked me all sorts of questions a week later picked up
the machine than ran it and my thought was HOLY S---T this kicks ass the dealer makes the difference

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode