snowmobile powered by KX500 - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: snowmobile powered by KX500

DB pic 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016829-right side front.jpg (32.9 KB, 106 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 08:37 PM
portgrinder

just type it in manually

www.ualberta.ca/~uacsc
post #23 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 05:13 AM
Old Hand

Not a big deal on the other post. Sometimes when I post something , just end up talking to myself [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Got joel's sight to work typing it in. What kind of motor is that on your power board? How fast will it go?

Joel, did you ever have one of those 94 summits, think it was 94, they had that awesome green color. Was one of the best looking sleads I've ever seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 08:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My computer is not a desktop- it's more like a big screen home entertainment system with a 36" monitor. The res. doesn't go high enough to navigate your web site, but I did read the front page. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like any new ideas. Didn't some outboard company come up with direct injection? And everyone knows a 4 stroke burns cleaner and cost 5 times more to build. If you apply the design care and quality of parts to a two stroke it sill comes out lighter and stronger. Lot of money and man hours being spent who pays for it? The university? Your tuition? I hope your sled wins. I'd hate to see two strokes go out of style.

Here's something to think about, the whole point of an expantion chamber is to create a pulsing wall of air for the fresh air/fuel mix to bounce off of to created cylinder pressure and keep the mix from blowing through. There are two other pulses of air in that motor, one in the crank case and one on the other side of the reeds. They aren't as unrelated as standered designs keep them.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 09:09 AM
portgrinder

that was our sled last year. this year we are building our own cylinders and heads for a 600 ves out of billet. it will be supercharged and running DI and various other tricks.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 06:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just an old saw motor. A scary 35 the first day, then I geared it way down to 17 for woods shredding torque.
post #27 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 07:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

So you take the latest conventional wisdom, custom build it, trick it out, and supe it up. Sounds like a good solid plan to me and not a bad way to spend a school day. When I was in school I did that on weekends.

Who gets the rights if you come up with something new and valuable?
post #28 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 09:10 AM
portgrinder

me, pretty much
post #29 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Addict

Would you be able to put a pic the motor and part of the sled on here please. I was looking at the pic of the drive system and it didn't look quite right.
post #30 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Addict

Oh wait. I just looked at it again. I thought that the motor was backwards. Just shows how long it's been since I've riden a bike.

But where's does the shifter goes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode