snowmobile powered by KX500 - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Performance and Tech Share your tech tips, show off your project, ask a question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 07:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: snowmobile powered by KX500

I was trying to delete that entire post of the "drive system" I wanted to put more pictures up but I didn't want to hog the whole front page of the message board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Addict

You can post more pictures on this one. Just reply and put "Another" or "one more" or Check out this one" etc, and post a pic. I thought of a way you might do the front brakes. Is it with variable solinoids with pins on the bottom that go threw the skies, and the harder you apply the brakes the farther they go into the snow.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's a good start- quite similar to where I started out in my thinking, now picture a 4 inch branch frozen just under the surface then nail your brakes at 30 mph... hope those pins aren't too strong.

There may be several good ways to do front brakes. I just can't believe they leave out something that important- especially for the racers. On top of that they make them hang off the sides of there sleds like a side car monkeys to get around a corner.

I started building foot boards for mine that would make this easier when I realized I was addressing the symptoms instead of the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 02:30 AM
portgrinder

i feel sorry for you guys who don't ride powder.

proto, check out my website. www.ualberta.ca/~uacsc. I know alot of people, if you need some help

type the adress in, seems the link won't work
post #15 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Old Hand

I'll check out the sight.

No biggie protobuilder, gives us something to see. Keep on posting. Yeah I wish I got to ride in powder too, would have to buy a long track model though. Right now I'm lucky if I get to ride on snow period.

[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #16 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey 96Warrior sorry about leaving your words hanging like that, I was trying to get rid of the whole thing and didn't know it would turn out that way.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got to ride powder last weekend- what a blast! Like riding a jet ski in the woods- almost got stuck once, I was going up hill with the end of my tunnel at surface level. I get whitewashed if I drop into a hollow too fast with no bellypan.
I couldn't get to your website but I would appreciate any help I can get. Here's how it is.. I'm not willing to relocate to take an R&D job. I've built a house here in Vermont and life is good. I'm self employed as a sculptor/stone carver. My main client is master stone carver Jerry Williams www.barresculpture.com Many of the projects on the web site were carved in whole or in part by me. Check it out, you won't be dissapointed. I have a passion for off-road performance toys, as you may have guessed this isn't my first prototype. Snowmobiles are just my latest since I moved here and rode one. I have focused on light weight, strength and preformance since I was a kid. I don't have an engeineering degree, but what I do have can't be taught. I'm an idea man, an inventor. This doesn't mean I can't design circles around many engineers, it just means I have to prove it part by part instead of by paper. I know my ideas are good because some of them turn up on TV years later and someone makes millions. Patents are not worth beans if you can't afford to defend them.
What I want to do now is build and design full time right here and get paid for it. I know that is a tall order but really quite modest compared to the vast sums of money at stake. The question is how do I get there from here. Sometimes it's all in who you know.
I'm also persuing a sponsor for my dirtboard- something I invented 15 years ago. I built a rough prototype and then figured out how to do it right. Recently I discovered that Powerboarding is now a sport gaining momentum and that my old board -at 23 lbs- is cutting edge, and the one in my head is off the chart. Keeping with the theme of this message board I also designed a snow version, but the only one I have built and have pictures of is for dirt I doubt if there is a catagory for it anyway..... see next post for pics
post #18 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DB pic 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016824-back.jpg (19.2 KB, 139 views)
post #19 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DB pic 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016825-front.jpg (16.8 KB, 126 views)
post #20 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DB pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016827-left side.jpg (27.5 KB, 113 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode