97 Mach Z 800cc or 1993 Mach 1 670cc - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Snowmobiles and Sledding > Snowmobile Lounge

Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 97 Mach Z 800cc or 1993 Mach 1 670cc

Just asking for some info on these two ski-doos. I heard from a buddy that the 800cc engine is known for bending crankshafts, truth? I am thinking about buying one of the two, the first is $2850 and the second is $1500 cdn dollars, both with low kms. Please give me some info on these two sleds.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2003, 09:22 AM
oultman

Default Re: 97 Mach Z 800cc or 1993 Mach 1 670cc

I know a guy who has a 97 Mach Z, he really hates it, it has been nothing but trouble for him. He gets horrible fuel mileage, the thing is a pig to get stuck, heavy on the steering ... He has a lot of trouble with blowing belts, had everything adjusted and check for alignment, and still not quite right. I'm not sure about the crank problem. As for the 93, your getting into a poor era for snowmobiles in general. If you want a skidoo, I would look more into a MX Z in a 97, or if you want to go older, I know a few guys who use to run 96 Formula III's, both of the guys loved them, and they both ran strong.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the reply. I had a few yamahas before but a little green to the ski-doo side of it. I had the opportunity to test a few ski-doos on the weekend, an mxz 440, a formula 500. I'll probably look for a long track machine as I'll probably do more off-trail riding. The two ski-doo machines didn't fair well off trail. Again, thanks for the info.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:35 PM
oultman

Yeah i understand where you are coming from. One of the guys I ride with the most has a 98 MX Z 440 fan. I'm not a big Ski-Doo guy, but I have to say, I am very impressed with this machine. He puts a lot of miles on it each year and it just keeps on going. Ever since that machine I have gained a lot more respect for Ski-Doo, especially the MXZ's. IF you're looking for something with a long track, everyone claims the summit is hard to beat. Good luck with it.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Journeyman

Dxray is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't u ever call the 93 poor era. those were some of the best sleds around. They still are. My 93 mach 1 670 has never let be down. I sank it, i ran outa oil ans seized it. I unseized it and still runs exelent with 150PSI. The sled handles really nice on the trails. I wouldent trade it for nothin.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:59 PM
portgrinder

um, 93 was about as bad as it ever got for ski-doo

go with the tripple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement