What yr. did Arctic Cat make black 440's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Snowmobiles and Sledding > Snowmobile Lounge

Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Partiers_com

Default What yr. did Arctic Cat make black 440\'s?

I'm wondering what year Arctic Cat manufactured a Z 440 or Jag 440 or any Arctic Cat 440 with the color BLACK as an option in the 90's? Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2003, 08:44 AM
oultman

Default Re: What yr. did Arctic Cat make black 440\'s?

I had a 92 Jag 440, it was the first year of the newer style, it was black with green decals. The Z 440 was either 95 or 96, I knew a guy who had a 96, but I'm thinking they came out in 95. AS for the Jag, I have a 76 jag as well that is black, haha, most cats were black until 98 when they became green. I think there were even black Jag 440's in 1990, infact I think it may have been 89. Why did you want to know that, just curious?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Partiers_com

Thanks for all the info.

I've been looking around for an Arctic Cat 440 in the early to late 90's that is black because I prefer them in black over green.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:51 PM
oultman

Yeah, they are not a bad sled, like I said I had a 92 Jag 440, and then a 95 Zr 580, the Jag was by far the better sled. They are decent on fuel, ride along fairly well, although I did end up having to put 96 trail studs in it to keep it from "fishtailing" on the trail. Anything over 3000 miles you should have the clutches checked out, cats have a tendency to need the clutches rebuilt around 2500-3000 miles, if you do it before they go completely its realativly cheap. I ended up putting new bearings and rollers in both the jag and the ZR. If I were you, and was not looking for the fastest sled, I would stick with a jag or something like that which is fan cooled, the liquid cooled cats are much harder on fuel than the fans, plus much easier to take care of. I had over 6000 miles on the Jag when I traded it in, and to this day it was one of my favorite sleds to ride, good luck
Old 01-31-2003, 07:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 1992 Arctic Cat Prowler. It was a 440 L/C. The sled was a real trooper. I couldn't take anyone in a race or anything, but it would get up and go. It ran great until I decided to take it to a dealer to have it prepped for winter. It blew up 14 miles later. I made the dealer fix it. It blew up 14 miles later. Until the dealer got their hands on it, it was a great little sled.

I might be mistaken but I think they made a 1996 ZR 440 in black. Not totally postive though.

Once you go cat, you never go back!
1997 ZR 580 EFI [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement