rc10gt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Radio Control Forums > RC-Nitro

RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2000, 11:19 PM
portgrinder

Default rc10gt

i have a 93 RC10Gt and want to get back in to racing but have been out of the loop for quite a while. Is my car still competative? i have a .12 yokomo motor and a Futaba pistol style radio. Its got the full ball bearings package .I think it was the best kit Associated have at the time. Any help would be appreciated.

thanx

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2000, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: rc10gt

<font color=blue>The suspension has been updated a few times, and a new chassis came out last year (flat plate instead of tub) but the GT has otherwise been unchanged. I would update the radio and engine, get some fresh tires, new body, MIP CVDs (if you dont already have them) and some titanuim turnbuckles and hinge pins, the stock ones bend very easily. Also, take the whole thing apart, rebuild the diff with new balls and washers (thrust bearing too), rebuild the shocks and replace any worn or damaged parts. It should still be very competitive since these trucks have changed very little since they were new</font color=blue>

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-15-2000, 07:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

tomklipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rc10gt

i'd just run it and see how you do with it right now.

why would you "need" to update the radio?

Tom Klippenstein
Looks like my glass is out of beer, i guess that is all for now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement