4x4 Nitro RC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Radio Control Forums > RC-Nitro

RC-Nitro For discussion of off-road, gas (Nitro) powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 AM
Can't Get Enough

GTRider245 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4x4 Nitro RC

Are there any good 4x4 nitro RC trucks out there anywhere? Not 4x4 racing trucks and cars but ones built for rockcrawling and such. Kinda like the new one NYlint came out with. Jeep with locked axles, shiftable transfer case and porpotional steering. Anything like that gas powered?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Addict

minesbroken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4x4 Nitro RC

you could modify one to be that way, kyosho used to have a nitro tracker monster truck. My friend had one and we changed the spur gear and used alittle jb weld inside the differential to make it posi. it would climb over almost anything.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

u4ia4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've found that very few of them are good for rock cfrawling just because that involves such low speeds and the engine doesnt cool very well like that. I've got the Associated MGT 4.60. It has plent of power to climb just about anything. and is of course 4 wheel drive. I've dabbled with locking up the differentials, but found that the steering is very limited like that. The guys i run with have Revos and Tmaxxs, they turn much tighter, but they just aren't as durable. for waht we use them for.

I've recently gotten away from the "can i climb it" phase and I'm more set up for running on BMX track and going for air time.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
speedtrash

i've never seen a nitro rock crawler although did look into it because if there's any cool electric car out there nitro makes it that much cooler. the outcome was for serious rock crawling you need your truck to perform at extreme angles and the fuel setup rc cars use don't allow fuel to reach the engine at certain angles(depends on placement of tank on truck).
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The_Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

traxxas summit is a pretty good crawler but is eltric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.