Off Roading Forums banner

4x4 Nitro RC

27K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  The_Kid 
#1 ·
Are there any good 4x4 nitro RC trucks out there anywhere? Not 4x4 racing trucks and cars but ones built for rockcrawling and such. Kinda like the new one NYlint came out with. Jeep with locked axles, shiftable transfer case and porpotional steering. Anything like that gas powered?

#2 ·
you could modify one to be that way, kyosho used to have a nitro tracker monster truck. My friend had one and we changed the spur gear and used alittle jb weld inside the differential to make it posi. it would climb over almost anything.

#3 ·
I've found that very few of them are good for rock cfrawling just because that involves such low speeds and the engine doesnt cool very well like that. I've got the Associated MGT 4.60. It has plent of power to climb just about anything. and is of course 4 wheel drive. I've dabbled with locking up the differentials, but found that the steering is very limited like that. The guys i run with have Revos and Tmaxxs, they turn much tighter, but they just aren't as durable. for waht we use them for.

I've recently gotten away from the "can i climb it" phase and I'm more set up for running on BMX track and going for air time.

G
#4 ·
i've never seen a nitro rock crawler although did look into it because if there's any cool electric car out there nitro makes it that much cooler. the outcome was for serious rock crawling you need your truck to perform at extreme angles and the fuel setup rc cars use don't allow fuel to reach the engine at certain angles(depends on placement of tank on truck).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.