Getting into RC'S - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 06:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Getting into RC\'S

Hi all,
I'm usally on the atv section, but I would love to get into RC's, Can anyone help me with what is a good starting car? without spending a lot of money. Also, do you know of any Indy Car rc's Thanks, Duane

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 11:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Getting into RC\'S

Hi Duane. I too am new to r\c stuff. I got a radio shack
aftershock, 4wd and like it pretty well for a starter kit. It will run you around $100-125 american.
Also does anybody know if after market bodies from the major mfgrs will fit on a radio shack truck. I've seen some at dahm's that are really cool.

Later Ya'll
Super Dave
West Tennessee
http://realpages.com/adventure4x4
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Radio shack cars make great starter cars. With a little ingenuity, and some aftermarket body posts the body possiblities are endless. Here is a couple of web pages for you to look at. One is a monster truck site and the other is an online hobby shop. They have great prices.

http://www.rcmt.net

http://www.towerhobbies.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 09:17 PM
Journeyman

I recommend for your first car buying a decent used one. You will get usually get extra parts and save $$ off the price of a new vehicle. Do you want to race competively or just play around? But when buying a used vehicle, you need to be careful to not get one that has been abused. Make sure that it has been maintained properly. Ask when the differential was last rebuilt or the shocks. If they answer that they have never needed rebuilt, then they probably aren't the person to buy from.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tamiya Superhornet tough, easy to build, easy to find cheap and will toast a radio shack. I got my start with one of these, it was about five years ago and the car is still going. Also what do you want the vehicle to do.

Montana, The Last Best Place To Hide.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a Team Associated RC10T2 Completely Ready to run including 5 motors/ two speed controls, radio, charger, and two batteries... This was my third R/C Car and I loved it .. now need cash so pretty much selling everything.. email me muddynut5@aol.com if you want some more information... my only advise stay away from Radio Shack Cars.. your not going to learn how to build the car? paint bodies? new motors.. get a hobby buggy/truck if anything..

<font color=blue> Muddynut </font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] 78 CJ7 "Issues" </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 04:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Check out the Traxxas Stampede. They come in electric or gas, and they're indestructable! I have the nitro one and its a lot of fun. If it's you first car, go electric. You'll have an easier time.

http://www.traxxas.com</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>355, SM465/NP205, 14 bolt ff/detroit/TSM disks, Dana 44 HD, 4" lift + trimming, 36" Swamper Radials</font color=blue>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 04:12 PM
TheZenTree

the duratrax evader ST is a good race-able truck. you can get it RTR for under 175$
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 01:18 AM
Pooh-Bah

i agree with biggrey either the Stampede, or Rustler(many parts shared on both trucks) are very tough trucks, all ya really need is a larger bumper available from RPM and your set to beat teh snot out of it. the Stampede is a Monster truck and the Rustler is a Stadium Truck, both can be bought Ready to Run with painted bodys
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i was at radio shack the other day looking at the rc trucks. i want to buy one and wnat one of the bigger ones. i also want a chevy body.....all they had was a big avalanche. it is $100 and looks like it would be fun just to play around with (michigan snow and what not). does anyone know about this truck, would it be worth it? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode