RC10T3 upgrades? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2000, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

RC10T3 upgrades?

<font color=blue>I got an RC10T3 over the winter and it's pretty much stock. Does anyone else here race one? What modifications have you done to it?</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 12:53 PM
Old Hand

Re: RC10T3 upgrades?

I have an original RC10, basically the same design, different chassis.
What I have done to it (years ago) is replace the differential gear in the tranny with an adjustable ball bearing gear. You can tighten a nut to adjust the amount of slip for different terrain. Also, I bought composite A-arms for the front suspension, and an aluminum steering setup. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'll have to dig it out and look at it tonight.

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>All the new Stealth transmisions come with a ball diff. I might get the graphite arms if i break one of these but i'm a hack and they are still holdiong up so I'll see. hold on to that RC10, its worth a lot!</font color=blue>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 11:39 PM
Enthusiast

Well i dont race one of thoes, but i do race the better one, Losi all the way baby. I would say, get titiamium trunbuckles, hinge pins, drive axles. Graphite a-arms, chassy, shock towers. Team Ass has some nice hop ups, so, check mags like RCCA, also, get rid of the deans plug going to the motor, they are great plugs but you dont need one there. also, redo your battery packs, so they are in the side by side configureation. you might wont to upgrade your ESC to one with lower resistence. Also, one very important thing, practice, practice and practice. You need track time. then you get to play with caster, camber, tow in/out, shock oils, shock springs, battery placment, tires,. it goes on and on. dont forget a good motor, and good battery packs. Have fun racing.
SHane

84 Toy 4x4 SR5 X-Cab
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]http://home.off-road.com/~paranoid56/ [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2000, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue>Losi! OK now you've started it! Anyway, i use the Dean's plugs on the motor becuase I race in both stock and mod classes, and i got tired of soldering 4 times a day. I noticed no performance difference when i switched to the Dean's plugs on the motor

Sorry, I had to! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 01:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The original RC-10 is worth money? How much. I have not touched mine in about 5 years. I was going to give it away, but lately I plan to hull it down to the hobby shop and rebuild it. Needs new wheel bushings (don't use it that often to pay for bearings) and other misc stuff including motor. It's been 7 years since I last raced it. (memory working hard)

Any suggestions?

YFS200

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 01:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is a photo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63-174052-001S.JPG (46.5 KB, 68 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 PM

Smile my t3

you can always upgrade your t3 to like the 1 i have here, this is a prototype my builder designed for me, and she runs 70 very easily on either foams or rubber tires.100_1414.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode