New R/C Rock Crawler by FunRise - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

New R/C Rock Crawler by FunRise

Hi All,

You gotta check out the new Rock Crawler from Fun Rise. I saw some guys playing with one today and was amazed to find out that this R/C has a transfercase that you can activate on the fly from 2WD to 4WD. It already comes assembled, so all you need to do is add batteries. I think they said they got it at WALMART.

It's cool to see it crawl over rocks and branches. I found their website and it has a movie of the Rock Crawler in action. Check it out!

Rock Crawler R/C

Maybe I can convince my Wife to get me one for my b-day = )

-DezertScorpion [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Superbowtie

Re: New R/C Rock Crawler by FunRise

I bought one and it crawls great ! yeah the T-case works well and the axles act like they're spooled. And it Rolls over easy just like a real jeep, lol. Battery life is kinda weak , however, it lasts about 15 minutes or so on 4 low, and the recharge is 6 hours. Maybe there's a battery upgrade of a bigger long lasting one. I'm new to RC ing, and it's pretty fun . do you RC ers have an idea about bigger batteries ?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Addict

Gee thats funny....my battery lasted a couple of hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Superbowtie

I think it must obviously last longer, in 2 wheel drive, vs 4 by...I only use it to Crawl over stuff in 4by, 2by is useless to me , but I'm sure it uses less juice IN 2 by since less parts are being used , etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

I got one for my son for Christmas and I think I want one too, it crawls great and even rolls over easily just like a real jeep , lol
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:02 PM
ILuvRockzz

I have one for sale!!! It is new in the box and it came with 2 extra rechargeable batteries. They last about 2 hours each but like Superbowtie said in 4by it doesn't last as long. They are so fun but I ended up with 4 of them(don't ask) and I sold 2 already, I have one more. Wal-Mart carries them but they are on FOREVER backorder. It's $120 with the 3 rechargeable batteries, I think Wal-Mart lists it for $119 with one rechargeable battery. Of course there would be shipping charges but I don't even know if anyone is interested in it, yet. I also have the DVD that came with it. It is educational and kinda cool. I just looked at they're website(funrise.com) and the batteries are $14.99 a piece if you buy them.
I also got with it a rock terrain that you can put together in your house and roll over it. It's fun for a while but you gotta get outside with it!! When I looked at the website I didn't see the terrain for sale.
Anyway I thought I would post this here and see if actual enthusiasts were interested since it is sold out at the stores.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:07 PM

I have one , but the steering more or less went out. It won't turn left anymore......I bought it for I think $ 40,But I cant remember because it's been several months and I wonder if there is a part I could get for it that would allow it to turn again, or maybe it would be more than buying another one .....Any suggestions ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode