RC still going strong?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
RC-Electric For discussion of off-road, electric powered, radio controlled model vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

RC still going strong??

Hey all
Just got into this site earlier today... I was scannin thru and seen an actual RC thread.. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] Anyhoo, after reading a few posts I started thinking back to when I ran A-main stock truck and B-main stock onroad... I think I sank more cash into these than what I spent on my last 2 vehicles...lol

A-main truck was actually a Traxxas Radicator converted.. I dont really remember the motor I ran or the type/brand batterys I used but the truck was quick... Just like real car racing, I had a sponsor nothing big but still helped out.. Never placed anything below 3rd and to this day the garage owner has all the trophies in his bay window and I'm talking its been 12yrs since...lol

B-main car was an indoor hi bank oval car... I want to say it was a Parma chassis but I could be wrong... I did have another Parma but it was the duece coupe which I very rarely ran (spent too much on the paint work and hemi) ended up being more of a show piece.. The onroad car was decent, I guess.... Again I dont remember the chassis (I know it was graphite) and the motor or batterys Im drawing a blank on... That car was a lone wolf as far as sponsors... I'd like to get back into RC but with the Dodge I have and a soon to be move, money is tight... Maybe Ill get my kid into it...

Anyways, its good to see the hobby is still alive and kicking... Pretty much died out here in Mass... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 07:36 AM
RacerRob

Re: RC still going strong??

Racing is getting weak in some areas, since the trend right now is on Monster Trucks. People like to play with them more then work on them anymore.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Addict

I have a tamiya TL01 street car and a traxxas rustler stadium truck. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]I used to race my TL01 then the hobby shop closed. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 03:43 AM
Novice

Racing isn't my cracker but i do love to bash i got into the hobbie lasy august and havent looked back. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

bougth a Evader ST to learn with first thing i learnt was that cleaning wasnt and option lol fried the stock motor, so i bought a 17x1 saphire to go in its place, then about 2 runs later i managed to strip the stock servos gears so i bought a S3010 to replace that, then the snow fell, just month ago i bought some new rear wheels and tires, Pro Line Striker II 's and RPM Starz then i seen a deal on a Twin Force 1/8 Solid axle Beast. It arived and i instaled a EVX ESC and my S3010 servo took it for a rip and relized that the little futabe servo was just too small so i orderd a hobbico CS-80 (1/4scale monster 334in-oz @6v) put that in after drilling a few new holes to mount it (its masive), relixed that the BEC on the EVX is crap (aswell as the hole esc i hate it) so rewired the servo and now it runs off one of the 6 cell sticks and works great. ive had the Beast for about 2 1/2 weeks and im already gathering parts to switch out the 2link suspentionfor some 4link action,

wow didnt set out to type that much [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Later
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1282555-bodyshot.jpg (33.0 KB, 88 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode