Best Truck You'd Recommend - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Best Truck You'd Recommend

I've been watching Off-Road races since I was a kid, when my parents took me to our vacation home in San Felipe. I have always wanted to start racing the MDR and eventually work my way to the Baja.
I want to make sure i buy the correct truck first, and first make it a really nice truck. Example, other than improving its off-road capabilities, i want to install a good sound system, gps, etc. and make it a fun truck to drive out to the desert and also everyday. At least until i finally settle down somewhere and then fully build it into a desert Racer.
One question that I have before I get started is one that I'm having a terrible time deciding.
What Truck?
I used to drive an 06 Tundra V8 that I fell in love with, and would gladly buy another but are there better ones? The Tundra is a light and powerful truck, and it seems like it would be a beast of a Desert Racer. It doesn't sip on gas tho, it chugs. I wouldn't mind if in the end it would be the best way to go. But how much different is the v6 version? is it worth it?
I really like the Chevy Colorado, but how would it do after being built up? Anyone ever driven one? How would the engine perform? and how hard is it to find parts for it?
There is also the Tacoma. I heard its a quick little truck, with a light body and a powerful engine. A lot of after market parts out there for it.
And then, There is the King. The Chevy Silverado, pre-2007. The most beautiful truck ever created.
My dad owned an 04, and the thing about it is that its a Gas Pig, and its very heavy. Ive never driven a built up one however, and don't know how it would handle off road.
So those are the trucks I'm looking at. What can you all tell me about them to help me decide?
And what are your experiences on other trucks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

43 views and no replies?..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

I'd like ford E-350 and they have the best A1 cardone parts that I recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

haha.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Addict

to tell you the truth, I have not been impressed with the 05 Z-71 4x4 work truck that I drive for work. I have about 75k mi and the electronics in the dash are falling apart. our company has had 4 4x4 chev trucks in that body style. 3 non functioning speedos ($750 to repair), 1 tach, 2 volt meters, and all of them have the crappy, clunky, intermediate steering shaft that rattles. they are manufactured with loose tolerances and are not greaseable.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

That's very sad to hear. I love the looks on the silvers, and yeah Ive always known they're interiors were low quality. At least most of the ones Ive seen were.
Thank you for your input on them. Appreciated.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Novice

I would say get the chevy for the gas mileage because you don't need the fastest truck becuase that means you will waste more gas and as for ford I think both ford and chevy are very reliable but what will you be using the truck for is it for work or just because you want to drive a truck because if its for work I would recommend using the ford because they are meant for tough jobs
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Novice

I really like Ford F series trucks.Because Ford makes the best looking trucks and also cars.So this Ford F series, i prefer Ford F250 truck and they have the best automotive parts that I recommend.

Last edited by jackson1; 07-07-2012 at 12:49 AM.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Novice

My favorite one is 2011 Toyato Tacoma . This model truck looks cool and good.

Last edited by Godwindaniel; 03-10-2011 at 07:23 AM.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 06:54 AM

Mine will be Ford F Series Have been checking of buying one..but collecting money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
best truck, biginner, mdr, what truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode