FAST Fabrication 94 b4000 turn into SNORE class 7 race truck build thread - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Novice

window net kit only using top bar

pci race air

new trailer

our shock plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Novice

im not sure how im going to do this 12 hr skool day on wed then drive 4 hours after 7pm to az get up early to work next 3 days..

yesterday spent hole day mounting wheels, today we completed fresh air mount, led dome mount, window pillar gussets and started on light bar

we had a huge storm tonight

tomo last day going to try and finish light bar and door bars

9/4 next thurs-sat last week of fab (steering column and pedals, close cab up, bolt on front bumper to sell at expo)

9/11 following thus-sat fiberglass work (visor and scoops wont have time for dash, finish any welds and paint cage work

9/18 following thurs-sat prep truck and body and glass work start painting

9/25 thurs-sat paint truck and lay sponsor graphics

10/2 thurs-sat modify trailer and do any extra work we have time for like front spindles etc

10/7 load up sand head out to the expo

so that is the schedule i have hopefully will get full work days those 3 days i have all thed parts i need, on days we finish what we had plan will work on more fab work like on front of truck, im really hoping to have the bumper for sale, going to make it a bolt on with plated horns...also going to try and get custom ezup and shirts made for expo as well, c u there thanks for the support
post #23 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Novice

well back to CALI

spent whole day on light bar, its a lot of work building everything from scratch (tabs, tubes, etc) especially with not all the fancy tools, i think it turn ouy bitchin though and we just need to do the adustment bars, I ran out of that tubing size.

One cool thing is that if we ever want to put the big lights we use for the front bumper up top they will barely fit.

laid dash back on and slip on the new shoes over the stock d44 hubs barely able to get a lug nut on.. switching to 5/8 studs next week... best thing is we are exactly 85" and they were not tighten down and we know the suspension is not right, so looks like were all good on trackwidth

some of my fav new pics.. truck is sagging so much with that extra 250lbs in back..but we dont have coil springs tighten right now

tested vision x 50 watt hid spot.. here is pic with light off and then with on in same spot... garage is about 90-100 ft away

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Novice

finished the light bar

cut the door skin out.. we are doing a different door bar, havent seen anything like it that i know of but should be strong and easy for me to get in and out of

mounted the side mirrors, decided to make a 3d box to flow the spot were old mirrors use to be... this and the other things we have done in the cab has made this cab so solid to the truck you shake or bang on it anywhere and whole truck moves with no vibration

we also sealed up the passenger side of the firewall, tomo we are installing the steering and pivot and quick disconnect as well as seal up driver side firewall and get it finished like the back before i head back to CA
post #25 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Novice

steering column

rear view mirror

mirror gusset

window nets

finished cab with gorilla mat

post #26 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Novice

completed door bars, they bend out into the door making it stronger then just a straight bar, easy egress and ingress for me.... completed cooler mount minus the drilling and tapping into the pipes.

cooler mounts

post #27 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Novice

ok I was going to make these the last pictures until the day of the expo, but I think ill post a few pictures of the fiberglass scoops and visors and when body is primer at end of week. Then once paint begins its top secret lol.

We got all trhe cage work painted from cab back (remember not touching front till after expo, so any work you see is mostly old shop)

We are going to fix the tie rods on thursday, hoping to get them tap do not like the sleeve look or idea.

So here are the pictures, fabrication is done (metal) until after the expo. The engine oil cooler is not staying there, we just put it up there for show using the same mounting holes as second tranny cooler. The gusset plate was made with idea of two tranny coolers so it is correct. We made lil caps for the sway bar, on a BMS kit i think you get nice aluminum ones, mine didnt come with anything so made these.

All right its time for me to head back to cali.

post #28 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Novice

scoop

here is a picture of the truck primered that way you can see what we did to the cowl. Graphics are all layed we built a removable winch hitch setup, the steering is good to go cost me a quarter of what it cost to buy it new, not happy about that.. but everything is good you will see the paint and assembly at expo. I dont think i mentioned what color it is. Truck is mostly complete up to the front of the cab there were a couple fabrication things we did not get completed before expo...

post #29 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Novice

ok I have a break between classes i thought i post some of saturday pics of the models.... here u go enjoy, btw its a crappy camera

5 hour energy girls

4130 girls

the gorgeous general tire girl, tony only aloud one girl to leave the booth and mint girl had to stay

chamlee's leg made a cameo

post #30 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Novice

the paint job done in a garage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode