Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Prerunner Cars & Trucks Discussion about Off-Road Prerunner Cars & Trucks 2 or 4-Wheeldrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 04:54 PM
imported_BigDust

Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota?

I am interested in getting a newer dodge dakota and putting long travel on it and i wanted to know where i could get it, and about how much it would cost to have it done. I would also like to know if there is a place where i can buy premade desert bumpers or if i would have to make them myself. And if there is any other information you can give me about making this truck into a prerunner, like suspension or after market parts please let me know. Thanks <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:40 PM
cleartoy

Re: Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota?

I dont know of anyone that makes pre fabbed long travel or bumpers for Dakotas.

It will have to be custom. Nothing wrong with that if you got the know how or $$$$.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 12:05 PM
imported_BigDust

Re: Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota?

Thanks for your reply. I was starting to figure that out when i wasnt finding any one that made them when i searched the net. Do you know of any companies that make a 5 inch suspension lift for a dakota? thanks for your time and any answers you can get me. <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota

I hate saying this, but Fabtech makes a kit for the 2wd Dakota. Doesn't look like there's too much to the kit however...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:24 PM
imported_BigDust

Re: Where can i get long travel for a Dodge Dakota

thanks for your help. I have also found another company that makes one too but i forgot their name. They are a big company though it's just that i looked at a lot of sites lately so i dont remember. thanks again. bye <font color="blue"> </font color>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 10:18 PM
dodge man

if you want to still go with a long travel set up try contacting atomic motorsports there website is Atomic Motorsport Concepts - San Diego, CA they could probably do a custom longtravel build for you it will be expensive though.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Partsman

You might check with Blue Torch and see if they could help you. I would offer an address but they just moved to Birmingham, Alabma from Dothan, Al. and I don't have their new address. You should be able to locate them on the web.

Partsman
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
morgan320i

custom bumper would have to be made by someone for the dak and a lift also 3 inch is the max you can buy without it being custom, and it wont be the best for a prerunner . this is my dak i have a fabtech performance lift and a 3 inch body lift running 33x12.5x15 inch procomp m/ts
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 AM

custom long travel bumperos for the Dakota are very rare these days, unless you want them custom made for you. It may be expensive though...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Novice

This kit is custom. This kit is designed for a prerunner style of truck or the desert racing style. If you are looking for a simple upgrade I had suggest either a body lift or a suspension lift.

BMW motorcycles || Dual sport motorcycles || Polaris ATV || Trucks for sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode