Need more power in my 400ex ! What should I do? 440? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Need more power in my 400ex ! What should I do? 440?

Ok this is my first time using a forum so here is my storyÖ. I currently own a 2007 400ex. I am sick of my friends who most of all have 450 and a few with Suzuki 400ís that can all kick my ass! My quad is mostly stock other than I have a full LRD exhaust and K&N filter. Now I am ready to do some motor mods! My main plan for doing this is because I love to drag race the thing but like I said Iím sick of getting my ass kicked! So now its time to put my money in it! The more I read these forums the more I learn so here is kind of my current plan. I was planning on buying and rebuilding a full new motor! ( I keep hearing that I should mod a motor older than an 05 because thatís when they got reverse so it changed something or another I donít know, if you do post it!) I wanted to bore it out to a 440! (Although I have recently read that 426ís are faster at dragging because they rev faster. Is this true?) I was going to get the JE 440 big bore kit 12.5:1 piston, Hot Rod Crank, Stage 3 Hot cam, (although people keep mentioning a TC cam??? I canít find that anywhereÖ.) bigger oil tank, Edelbrock 440 Carb kit, and some kind of rev box (still not sure what kind). Any suggestions on buying new sprockets? (Is it worth the time and money?) What about changing my gearing? I need to know how this is all going to work? Will this run like the bat out of hell that I keep dreaming about or what should I do instead? Iím willing to put in the time and money to do this one right, but I donít want to spend all this money and then blow the motor. I will take ANY suggestions you haveÖ.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode