kfx 700 belt spring?/ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 10:58 AM
kfx700man

kfx 700 belt spring?/

a friend of mine was telling me i needed to buy some sort of spring system for my CVT belt when adding an exhaust,jet and filter i just ordered a DMC alien exhaust with jet kit and k&n filter and was wandering if anyone else has heard this? DMC mentioned nothing if this is true. I have a lava red kfx 700 v force and have just started modifying it.I absolutly love this machine stock and can't wait to see what the mods do for it.i also ordered ac pro peg with heel guard nerfs a dg front bumper and dg a-arm guards i'll try and get a picture up after i add on all these mods.thanks,MARK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Addict

Re: kfx 700 belt spring?/

I think what your friend was talking about is, most of the time when you add an aftermarket exhaust and air filter, you raise the rpm level that the majority of power kicks in at, and lose some power down low (it's a trade off).The belt drive transmissions use a spring tensioned clutch, with weighted cams like a snowmobile has to keep the engine at a certain rpm while under a load accellerating. By changing the spring on the clutch to a stiffer one, it lets the engine pull at the higher rpm before shifting out so it pulls stronger. I've read quite a few posts on other forums talking about changing the spring even on stock KFX700 and Prarie's, and from what I've read it seems there can be a huge gain in performance just from the spring change alone. There are complete aftermarket clutch kits available for the 700, but I don't know who makes them. I would check into having the clutch tuned by your dealer, or check with some of the other forums to find out what would work best for your set up. I know once everything is tuned right, those 700's are pretty quick in the dunes. Good Luck. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 AM
kfx700man

hey thanks for replying. It is the clutch spring and i reserched it and found that a pink spring was the best for me because it had no stall. i just got into riding 6 months ago when i bought a suzuki 500 vinson 4x4 and in sept. went to the dunes and had to have a sport quad so i bought the v force since i like the automatics for more enjoyable riding. Just now getting into the modification field i have a lot to learn thanks again man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Addict

No problem, glad to pass on any info I can to help, and will only do so if it's something that I can honestly say I know at least a little about. I did a lot of research on the variable clutch stuff after I bought my snowmobile a few years back, just because I was interested in finding out exactly how it worked, and how to make it work better in the future.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Stranger

spring

try a pink and blue spring they seem to work good. i have one in mine. check dalton ind. or the kfx700 site good info there on springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode