yfz450 modifications .twist throttle?air box? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2003, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default yfz450 modifications .twist throttle?air box?

I have just broken in my new yfz and i love it,now its time do some mods.It is completely stock.
first i get a sore thumb after a long rides,i heard about changing over to a twist throttle and i have seen three differant types,vortex,cr pro and cr comp does anyone know what the differance is and what would be the best?I also ride a yz490 so i am use to a twist throttle.
I also realize that the response from the start is not there unless i rev it up, other than that it hauls butt.
can anyone suggest what to do?i heard of people taking their baffles out, does that work?how about removing the air box completly?
thanks John
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2003, 06:41 PM
raptor_rider

Default Re: yfz450 modifications .twist throttle?air box?

YES, it works to remove the baffle and airbox lid, then rejet, and you will make around 20% more power, there is all kinds of things you can do to that thing to make power, but the quikest cheapest way is just that-remove the baffle and airbox lid, then rejet,and to rejet is WAY EASY, pull the plug out of the bottom of the float bowl(after shutting off gas) then with a 7mm socket remove the main jet, go up 2 sizes and reinstall, JUST THAT SIMPLE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-03-2003, 08:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info.i will work on that this week.
Does anyone know about the twist throttle?
Thanks John [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Veteran

Vtr_Racing is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the YZF twist throttle may fit on that, I may be wrong though.......Anyone else have a YFZ on here with a twist?
Old 11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Addict

gottagofast is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an rm and a zilla I put a twisty on the zilla and have regretted it ever since wish I had kept the thumb throttle! twisty is great on a bike but on a quad it maked it real easy to sprain a wrist if you jump alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement