Blaster - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Blaster

Would a blaster be a good trail/race quad for someone who is 5'11" 140 pounds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2003, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Blaster

I've got one and I'd say it's a really solid quad. It may feel a bit small for someone your size though. I'm only 5'6" and it fits me well, but my dad who is 5'9" feels a bit cramped on it. It is a really fun quad to ride, easy to wheelie and great for playing around but once you get up into the higher speeds it feels a little sketchy in corners with the stock suspension and its smaller size. I'd recommend sitting on one, and riding it around a bit and see if you feel too cramped.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Pooh-Bah

your too tall, look for what i said in other post!! 400ex, is the best way to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 07:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] I believe that a Blaster is too small for ya also..I think maybe 300EX or the 400EX would be a good choice also...Honda has one of the most reliable ATV's out there...I just purchased the new YFZ450 and man I am loving it BIG TIME.....it is so much nicer than the Blaster I just had...the suspension and over all power are Awesome.....good luck with your decision...I am new to this messege board...I am from western NC...is there anyone else close to me? Thanks and good evening..Elvis in NC
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a blaster and have raced in the past. it has the power to win in its class but the suspention on a stock blaster is horrible. i raced 4 10 lap races within 2 days and the quad fell apart. after every race i would have to tighten the rear axle bolts the plastic and many many other parts of the quad. i wouldent nessecarrily recamend a blaster for you. i am about 5'10 and since i have been riding it for about 5 years i know it pretty well but i would say if your looking for a new quad i would go for one with better suspention and wheelbase. after the race i could feel how bad the suspention was in my back and arms. the whoop section will kill you on a blaster and believe me im not outta shape either. bottom line they are just not made to race. they fall apart...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 02:10 AM
ice

So tru Blaster is not build for race.
We were looking for a used blaster.
So we saw 1 on internet, 2001 yamaha blaster, never been raced.

Never been raced my ass!!!!
It was 2 years old and the engine didn't even run correct.
Rear swingarm totaly [bleep] up.
Frame has been welded many times.
Plastic was horrible.

So don't buy a blaster if you wanna race a little and make a little jumps.
And it would be to small for you.
I'm 14 and it's even to small for me.
The best atv for me is the DS650 or KFX700 coz then I don't like a fool on a small atv.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I loved the Blaster but It has not revese on it that Y I love my Z- [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]250
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 08:01 PM
redneckstv85

i would say its a little too small for u but i dont know cause im 6,5 and my kfx 400 is perfect size for me and plus what else can u go to for size, i ride my friends blaster all the time and im alittle cramped up on it but its a nice little bike and prety cheap compared to other bikes. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Stranger

would anybody know if i can use banshee front end on my blaster trying to see if i can make it hydraulic front brakes on my blaster some info would be nice thanks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode