Jet Kit help on 350 Warrior - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Jet Kit help on 350 Warrior

Just upgraded the 2003 Warrior and installed the White Bros E-Series Mega Phone pipe and a Dyna-Jet jet kit, pro design air filter and the airbox mod (5/6ths of lid removed, stock snorkel removed). Followed the instructions for the stage 2 jet kit. Replaced the 145 with the 148 jet for a modified airbox, aftermarket filter, aftermarket pipe, and below 3000 feet. I am very happy with the results except one thing. From idle, if i push to full throttle quickly, it dies. Other than that it seems to work just perfectly, very responsive in all other situations and has a huge HP increase. If it is faster than idle, i can go to full throttle, no problem. There does not seem to be a troubleshooting situation like this in the instructions. Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2003, 01:23 AM
raptor_rider

Default Re: Jet Kit help on 350 Warrior

I dont know the carb on a warrior, but does it have an accelarator pump? if so its not working! If not , how high (low) do you have the Idle set? Did you adjust the air fuel mixture screw? If so how much?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:24 AM
raptor_rider

P.S.
What do you get when you do a plug reading?
Old 03-04-2003, 07:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

anybody heard anything on the white bros E2 pipe?
Old 03-04-2003, 07:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yes, it does have an accelerator pump, i checked it before i took the carb off, did not check it after i put it back on, i will do that again though. I set the inside air/fuel screw out 2 1/2 turns like the instructions said. and the idle setting did not matter, no matter what idle setting it has the same problem. Have not checked the spark plug either, but i will do that also. will not get to it until wednesday night, i will let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

Mangy
Old 03-04-2003, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i took the carb off again, looked at everything real good and reinstalled. same problem....took the carb off again, changed the air/fuel mixture to 3 turns out...no change.. took the carb off again and tried all the different grooves for the needle, still no change....spark plug looks fine... i am at wits end... i have adjusted every setting in every combination....no luck...only thing left to do is change the actual jet but it really acts like it likes this one, except from idle to instant full throttle. does anyone think that changing the main jet will help? it came stock with a 145 and i put in the 148....any suggestions????

mangy
Old 03-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Addict

gottagofast is an unknown quantity at this point

try a richer primary jet if it has one
Old 03-05-2003, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

tried more combos, not much luck, it seems like all of them will work if i adjust the idle up higher than what my ear thinks it should be. with the needle adjusted to its shortest position and the idle a little bit higher than what i "think" it should be it runs great with the 148 jet. i am totally guessing but the idle speed that works seems to me to be about 1600 or so. any suggestions now? for what it is worth, i can remove the carb, change jets, and adjust the needle, then reinstall in just less than 5 minutes (about an hour less than the first time)
Old 03-06-2003, 10:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have given up an will be taking it in to the shop. will let you all know what the wrench does/says. I am taking it to the famous Quad Central in Las Vegas who says they will make it scream like a raped ape.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:38 AM
tony1034

MDWarrior,

What size is the stock pilot jet? Did the jetkit come with a new pilot jet? The main jet will not affect that 1/8th throttle. The main jet is from like 5500 rpm's on. You need to set the idle-mixture screw first (which works with the pilot jet), then the needle and then the main jet. The needle in the recommended setting should work fine (probably in the middle if it has 5 grooves). Also, check for any air leaks around the carb base. You can test this by sprayingh some starter fluid around the area. If it picks up in idle, then it has a leak. I'd try these before spending the money and making the trip.

Good luck!
Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement