2003 yamaha wolverine upgrades - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2002, 07:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default 2003 yamaha wolverine upgrades

I just bought a new 03 Yamaha 350 Wolverine. Would like
to perform some upgrades but not sure where to start. Thought about a K&N air filter, new exaust & bigger tires.
What's a good tire & wheel combo that will give me more ground clearance but will not slow down my top speed for average trail riding and mud. Also what brand of exaust should I use & how much more performance would this give me?
As you can see I new to ATV World & could use some help
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: 2003 yamaha wolverine upgrades

if u ride trails then i would strongly suggest the kandn filter for mud or dust. about the pipe. it depends. but since u ride trails i would look for a good bottom-mid rangs pipe. i would go with a fmf powercore 4-around 250 or a topend pie would be a white brothers e sieries. they will each give more horsepower. probably 3-5 more. altough the white brothers is 30 dollars more. but i wouldnt get tires unless the stocks r worn out. also if u do get an air filter and exhaust get some dyno jets or kandn jets. they will give around 20% increase in power
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2002, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On my warrior, which has the exact same engine as your wolverine, I put a pro circuit t4 on. minor gains on bottom, good gains in the middle, big gains on top. i'm not certain if they sell a t4 for the wolverine, but i think the mounting bolt location is the same on both
Old 08-18-2002, 09:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah a pro circuit pipe is great. i had one on my old yamaha yz 80. the t4 system is just pretty loud i think. but loudness is sweet unless it affects ur riding areas
Old 08-18-2002, 09:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah if you don't know it's just a warrior it's pretty intimidating [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Personnally i love the sound, but if you're in a place where it's going to be a problem, get something else.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the all the help. I think I'm going to slip on
a T-4 & throw in a K&N filter for now!!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if u notice the jets r small u should get kand n jet kit for around 50 bucks.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The greatest gain will be w/ a K&N ( use an outerwear or you will suck dirt) pipe and a cam. W/o the cam the others a noticable but barley, if you add a cam you will see a totaly diferent bike under you.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Unless the Wolverine has radically changed their air filter system on the 2003 model, it is the same pitiful system that Yamaha has stuck with since 1986 on Warriors & Banshees; that is, it relies on the airbox lid to secure the filter to the intake...very iffy! For insurance against future engine damage due to dust, dirt, or other small objects that get past the unsecured filter, I'd suggest you replace that thing with the Pro Design filter kit as the first thing you do.In addition to a foolproof secure system, you'll have a bigger & better filter that flow more air, thus allowing your pipe to do its job. By the way, I run the T4 on my Raptor with the performance tip and it's quite LOUD! Not a problem in the wide open spaces of AZ, but if decibles is a problem for you, Pro Circuit has two other end caps which are quieter and provide more low end . Don't forget to do a test ride/plug read to know what your engine wants in fatter jetting.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What kind of cam should I install & what size. How will this affect my warranty since I bought a 3 year extended one????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement