banshee bogging down - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2002, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default banshee bogging down

hey guy off the line when i get on my shee it bogs down...that means its too rich correct? i have 300 mains in now(smallest i have) and i have fmf pipes and stock silencerss, mild port, k&n with lid off. should i go down to a 280 or a 290. plugs look clean and kinda wet and the tip of the plug is starting to turn black. would changing the needle height or pilot jet help?

another thing is i was running 240's and the plug looked wet eventhough it was running lean. now when it is rich it still looks wet. shouldnt the plugs be dry? any help would be great and thanks yamahaviper for answering my other question.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2002, 01:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: banshee bogging down

just because it is bogging doesn't mean your quad is f-ed. you could not be high enough in the r's before goosing it. its prob not your mains as this would affect 3/4 to full throttle. could be your needle. i really dont know much about banshee's or what jets are needed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Did it used to work better than it does now, if a certain modification was made that caused it, what was it. Make sure your mixture is right, and does it bog down when you rev it, or is it zingy (just reving the engine). Your main jets probly arent the problem if the engine is pulling with it wide-3/4 open.
Need more info about the problem.
-----BeefyDog!!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if i am just revving it, it bogs down and will clean up when i rev it higher. when i try to rev through the gears it wont get in the power band until i let off and am rolling along around 20 mph, then when i get on it, it will pick up the front tires and run like it used to. also when u let it sit it will start leaking un burnt gas(dark oil/gas) from the pipes. so i think i am too rich on the main(300). i think the needle is in the middle setting and the pilot jet is the stock size.(dont know where to set these) i am in the process of ordering 260-290 jets. any other suggestions guys???

also when i run it, it smokes alot. it clears up alittle after awhile but it still smokes more than it should.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You haven't modified anything and one time it started doing this? How longs it been since it last worked right, was it winter time? Could be as simple as fouled plugs, have you tryed new ones, and make sure they're correct heat range and gapped right. When you do a holeshot, and nail it, it bogs down until it gets into the higher RPM then suddenly hits the power band and takes off? Make sure that your gas/oil is the right ratio, check your airfilter. You said if you let it idle it starts spitting unburnt fuel out the exsaust, well it's a two stroke dont let it idle to much, and also from idle-1/8 throttle it's your pilot jets responsibility. It could even be your air screws are to rich, they should both be about 1.5 turns from being closed(1.5 turns from being completely tightened). Another thing, how old is the exsaust system, and spark arrestors if you have them, it could be the exsaust is plugged with soot. Check your spark arrestors they're designed to be removeable. How often do you ride it, and when did it all fall apart? I would leave everything alone untill you've checked all that.
----BeefyDog!!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The only way to tell if your mains are lean is to get'er into 6th gear and hold her wide open just letting it scream, and see if it sounds right, or bogs, surges, sputters, then hit the kill switch, and hold the clutch, don't use the engine to slow you down, use the brakes. Once stopped remove the plugs and see if they're black and sooty or lighter brown, being wet doesnt mean to much because when you kill the engine it still rotates a few times pulling fresh fuel into it, just make sure you check everything else i mentioned to makes sure that jetting is the prob and not something else.
----BeefyDog!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.