best 2-stroke pipe kit? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2002, 05:01 PM
GTA

Default best 2-stroke pipe kit?

The kids can handle the stock trailblazer now, so I'd like to have a little more fun with it. IYO, what is the best brand/why?

I don't want to sound arrogant, but the price is not that important as long as it yields more power.

Most of the riding is woods trails with hops and jumps along the way. Not a lot of WOT for extended periods of time.(not much dune riding). A nice mid range increase is the goal with top end power, a close second.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2002, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: best 2-stroke pipe kit?

i also have a polaris and the best parts places ive found are these: http://www.hpd-inc.com/ http://www.hotseatperformance.com/ps...9&CATID=82 The thing about the auto tranny is you have to have a clutch kit for an aftermarket pipe running diffrent rpm, if you dont you will lose major power
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-2002, 12:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have an 86 honda 250r two stroke........I just purchased a fmf fatty pipe and a turbine core2 spark arrestor.. I was wondering if i will be required to adjust the jetts or can i leave it at the stock setting
thanks
Old 05-20-2002, 09:04 AM
Pooh-Bah

98Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point

you will very likely have to re jet..check your plug it will tell all
Old 05-20-2002, 08:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When jetting, start high and work your way down until you can hold full throttle and it doesnt skip
Old 05-22-2002, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

is jetting hard to do and what do I have to buy to do it...
Is their any web site that has directions on how to do it..
Old 05-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Pooh-Bah

98Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point

jetting isnt hard..the hardest part is knowing if your jetting is correct...all you do is take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb to access the main jet unscew it and put the new one in..your dealer will have jets..or you can get a jet kit with a bunch of diffent jets in it
Old 05-23-2002, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

where is the pilot jet located at???????
thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement