Suzuki Quadmaster 500 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > ATVs, Quads and Four-Wheelers > Performance ATV Mods

Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2002, 12:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Suzuki Quadmaster 500

I having problems with my quad after hard riding it will start backfiring and will die,after sitting for a few minute it will fire-up and run fine. Exhaust temp. seem to be high ? dealer he stated this was normal. Help...Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
buddynascar

I Am Having Same Problem. Mine Does This Hot Or Cold. (wont Run And Backfire) May Not Do It For Days,then Without Notice..bang. I Can Let It Set For A Bit And It Will Run Fine. But It Keeps Coming Back. I Have Cleaned Entire Full System 2 Times,inc.carb.,lines,filter, All! Put In Fresh Fuel. Changed Float, Plug,air Filter,checked Elect.system..i Am At Wits End..help! Buddy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM

higganator is on a distinguished road
Cool Hot pipes!

It is normal for this atv to even have glowing pipes if you look at them in the dark! Suzuki fixed a over heating problem with this engine design by cutting the valve seat contact surface from 1mm factory! To 2mm wide to correct the problem. The heat from the engine is extream up under the front fenders causing condensation problems in the fuel tank on older models with metal tanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM

mudhead is on a distinguished road

Engine seems like overheating. Have your engine timing and setting checked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement