Wells Fargo is Wells RippOff - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Wells Fargo is Wells RippOff

OK, little back ground. Had a joint account at Wells, I used to have my own checking account with them, but years ago figured out they were crooks, cons thieves etc. Anyway, wife had an account that I was also signed too, couple years ago her account dipped red because of job situation, she had checking protection or checking plus whatever you want to call it, so it covered it but at a nice hefty 14%. So she had been making the minimum payment towards it, and it had continued to climb in amount. Finaly this year I was able to get financially positioned to pay off these crooks in FULL. Called their "customer service" department to get an EXACT pay off amount, then walked into the local branch office and payed them off, IN FULL. Then immediately, right then and there, closed out account with them. Told the guy I dealt with WHY I closed out the account, and that I wanted to make certain there was not going to be any crap of them trying to tell me later that I still owed anything as I am now payed off IN FULL. He assured me, yes indeed account is payed in full and CLOSED OUT.

Well, here it is a month and a half later and these turds send me a statement saying I owe them 75 dollars and change. Mind you on the statement it even shows my pay off amount and that the account is closed as of that date, yet they want to try and bill me interest and finance charges on an account that is ZERO and CLOSED. I told them "KISS MY ASS" and am filing a complaint with the BBB on Monday along with contacting the state banking commissioner and the Comptroller of the Currency which regulates national banks in our state.

The very reason I closed out my accounts with these turds years ago and why I closed out my wifes account that I was jointly attached to, because they are nothing but criminals calling themselves bankers. DO NOT BANK THERE, and if you do GET OUT NOW, RUN, do not walk, RUN AWAY FROM THEM, or they will attempt to RIP YOU OFF too.

End of my rant of the day :-)

90 XJ 4.0 lift 4 1/2", 31 x 10 1/2 MT's
First piece of advice, free,
My opinion, free,
F'n with my family, YOUR LIFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Apprentice

I bet if they gave you 75 bucks you wouldn't be here crying about it.

What did you think a bank was? A free place to store your money? Were they suppposed to pay you for walking in the door? Look up the term business. You might be surprised to know they look for ways to make money off you.

tinycj7
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM

I had Wells Fargo for about a month and really disliked a lot of their features and extra charges. I switch to US Bank and have been with them for 10+ years now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode