Off Roading Forums banner

please vote for me!!!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mega07dreamer 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i dont know why they didnt update it yet, sorry guys! thanks for the support though. i will let you know when its up. i am in the costa mesa, ca group. i did make the oc register !!

this an article written about her........

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kell ... dress-look

Saturday, June 6, 2009
Makeover host makes O.C. tour stop
Clinton Kelly, of "What Not to Wear," dressed up 16 women.
By CANDICE SHIH
The Orange County Register
Comments 0 | Recommend 2

COSTA MESA - Makeover expert Clinton Kelly's work is never done. But he put a dent in it during a stop at Macy's at South Coast Plaza on Saturday.

Fifteen women selected among about 2,000 applicants (plus this reporter) were given new hairstyles, makeup and clothing before walking in a runway show.

Kelly, a co-host of TLC's "What Not to Wear," was making his fifth stop - the only one in Southern California - on his Make Over America tour. With 15 cities on his agenda, he'll be making over almost as many women as he has on six seasons of his TV show.

The former fashion magazine editor chose Saturday's subjects himself from about 100 applications Macy's sent him.

"I wanted to find women who represented the average American woman in all of her different facets," Kelly said. "Also, I'm a sucker for a good story."

They included Heather Majcherck of Mission Viejo, who was last written about in The Orange County Register in a 1991 story titled "Girl, 8, races dirt bikes."

The 26-year-old caregiver for seniors and promoter of women's dirt-bike racing remained a tomboy, despite her devotion to Kelly's show.

"I'd come into a store and do the 'Pretty Woman' thing and want for someone to wait on me," Majcherck said. Most times, no one would.

Now she says she has no need. Majcherck, whose husband of three years has only seen her in a dress and makeup on their wedding day, took the runway Saturday in a bright pink dress, cropped denim jacket and wedge shoes.

Christina Boucher, who recently moved back to her hometown of Huntington Beach, was also wrestling with her tomboy appearance.

One of three triplets who needed heart-valve surgery when she was born, Boucher, 27, said she didn't like showing off her chest and usually wore sports bras. But Kelly put her in a strapless dress with a princess neckline.

Boucher's reaction: "I truly look like a woman now."

About 700 people were in attendance to watch the 16 women who came from as far away as Carson City, Nev., show off their new looks.

"I love 'What Not to Wear.' That's the only thing I TiVo," Christa Olds of Laguna Niguel said. "Watching the show today made me cry - the whole energy changed with the person."

Barbara Balowitz of Laguna Woods was also among those in attendance to watch her daughter, Michelle Sharpe of Mission Viejo, debut her new look.

The petite Sharpe, 46, was styled in a floral-print sheath dress for a daytime wedding look.

"She was beautiful before. They did a pop - like Emeril does 'Bam,'" Balowitz said.

Macy's offered copies of Kelly's book, "Freakin' Fabulous," to customers who spent $100 in women's apparel, and many stood in line after the runway show to get them signed.

People may still enter online at macysmakeover.com to win the grand prize of Make Over America: a trip to New York for two, a makeover by Kelly and a $5,000 shopping spree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.