Off Roading Forums banner

ATV Video Games?

8K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  ILoveDirt 
#1 ·
Anyone here a gamer? I've got a broken leg so I've been spending more time on my couch playing video games than I have on my ATV. I've been playing a lot of MX vs ATV unleashed, but I started following the progress of the next MX vs. ATV game, Reflex, and it looks like it's gonna be the best ATV game ever made, it's even got road deformities that effect your driving!

Here's a clip of it from youtube:

YouTube - MX VS ATV REFLEX TRAILER

Anyone else looking forward to this, or can anyone recommend other good ATV games to tide me over till I'm up and around?

#2 ·
You are right - the original MX vs ATV - Unleashed was better than the second version Untamed. Maybe by the third one they really have it figured out?

The preview running all over our site right now for FUEL look like it will be cool too - we're waiting for our first drive of it, and we'll let you know.

#4 · (Edited)
You are right - the original MX vs ATV - Unleashed was better than the second version Untamed. Maybe by the third one they really have it figured out?
Yeah, early word of mouth says that they've fixed all the issues from the previous games which is good. My problem with video games in general usually is that not enough is different every year to justify spending the cash. (*Cough*MADDEN*Cough) but it seems like this'll be innovative enough to shell out the cash for.

#3 ·
Testing new video game FUEL

Well we have four copies coming to the office to "test" - but it doesn't come for the PS2 so I'm SOL.

How does anyone keep up with the latest and greatest game systems? Every two or three years we "throw away" several hundred bucks on game systems and games that are only playable until the coolest new thing comes out.

It's like being held hostage by Microsoft. Grr.

For those of you that DO have PS3 or XBox, we'll have a review on how much it rocks probably later this month on Off-Road.com

#5 ·
Well we have four copies coming to the office to "test" - but it doesn't come for the PS2 so I'm SOL.

How does anyone keep up with the latest and greatest game systems? Every two or three years we "throw away" several hundred bucks on game systems and games that are only playable until the coolest new thing comes out.

It's like being held hostage by Microsoft. Grr.

For those of you that DO have PS3 or XBox, we'll have a review on how much it rocks probably later this month on Off-Road.com
Sorry to double post. I saw the stuff for fuel and got exited, but then I read a negative review on IGN: IGN: Fuel Review

Really sucks, I was hoping it would be good. Word of mouth on Reflex is pretty good, though (IGN: MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview
0), so it looks like that may be the better bet.

#7 ·
That franchise went PSP exclusive, I think. In terms of pure ATV games, MX vs. ATVs about the best franchise you can get now.

I've got a PS3. It gets a bad rep due to price when honestly, it's worth every penny. It's pretty much going to be able to do anything for you entertianment wise, it's got the blu-ray, which is great, plus downloads, online, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.