Off Roading Forums banner

Build your own workshop?

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  c_rock 
#1 ·
Curious if anyone has built their own workshop in their backyard. What did you use? Prefab kit? Metal building? Wood? How big? How long? How much?

I'd like to eventually add a place to our place so I can do some work in there. No necessarily for truck but rather wood/leatherworking.

#4 ·
you could easily frame 12x12 with slanted roof with some exstension cord power maybe frame the walls 2ft on center and insulate it maybe make it 8 foot on the low side and 9 foot on the high side just enough for water to run off with either a cheap metal roof or shingles. id go metal i hate singles

#8 ·
Either metal or wood frame would be nice. A 12x12 would be super easy to build. Do you ever see those carports for sale on the side of the road? Those companies also sell their carports with sides and ends, and can even put in roll-up doors. They are fairly inexpensive and decent quality. The builders put them up in just a few hours. My dad has a 24x24 carport building, and it is nice.
If you can put up the building, whichever kind, you can go back and add insulation, wiring, or whatever as funds allow later on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.