Off Roading Forums banner

H3 vs Tacoma

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  OLDCODGER 
G
#1 ·
I am new to the boards, and have a question that I am sure you guys can answer. Which in your opinion is the better off road vehicle? The Toyota Tacoma, or the adventure package H3?

Thank you for your time and responses...

G
#2 ·
I've never wheeled with an H3.....
I did wheel a Tacoma for 3 years and loved every minute of it.

You could probably buy TWO Tacomas for the price of ONE H3. So honestly...save yourself the money and get a Tacoma. There's HUGE aftermarket support for them and you won't be disappointed.

Check out this forum:
http://www.ttora.com/

#3 ·
Hate to break it to you but I just built both vehicles via their websites and they are pretty close in price. Mind you, I did the Toyota double cab for similar passenger capability and the TRD off-road package and towing stuff. On the H3 it was the Adventure package with towing stuff.
Toyota MSRP - $29,886

H3 MSRP - $33,110

Not that big a difference, especially when you factor in that you can only get the Tacoma double cab with an automatic. The H3 with the 5 speed manual is $31,415.

Now, if you're buying used or are willing to buy a regular cab Tacoma I can see a bigger difference in price.

#4 ·
How much wheeling do you plan on doing? Are you looking to buy new? How many people and or gear do you plan on hauling?
I love my truck.The bed is more useful than any "cargo area" of an SUV. Just something to consider. Ever try bringing home dirt in the back of an SUV?

#7 ·
"Especially when you factor in that you can only get the Tacoma double cab with an automatic"
HAy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ~~~ auto Trans RULE!!!!!!! Got one in my ZUK ,,, Would NEVER think of going back to a Stick!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.