Off Roading Forums banner

Vacation - what to do? Suggestions please!

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Timber 
G
#1 ·
I'm trying to put a trip together for the fam out west. Maybe fly into Denver or Albuquerque, and hit nat'l parks for 10 days or so & then fly out of Phoenix? Anybody ever rent a Jeep out there and take it out for some camping and light off-roading? (Or better yet, heavy off-roading?) If so what kind of Jeep was it? I'd guess something like a Cherokee would be the least for fam of three to move around that long in...would love it if I could find one that was equipped for the trails - would have to check out part of Moab anyway if was out there.

I'm sure there's lots of varied lodging out there - anything rustic & affordable, comfortable would do. Any suggestions?

Plus we're trying to decide how many diff parks we could hit. I recall when I was 16 our family went out there and we'd do one park a day and move on to the next one like 5-7 hours away during a two week stretch. Don't know if I'm that ambitious or in a hurry now - any experiences, suggestions out there I'd like to hear about 'em.

thx, John (TN)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This reminds me of a movie, about a family named Griswold!

I think it was called "Vacation!"

Just kidding around with you, I do like your idea of flying out west, renting a vehicle, and traveling around.

I drove from San Diego,CA to Marion, NC a few years ago. I think once you pass Dallas coming this way, about the only thing interesting was Memphis, TN.

And if you're going that way,(west from east) once you pass Dallas it starts to get interesting. I'd love to have spent alot of time in New Mexico, and Arizona.

Wish you a great vacation...aren't they all? Sure beats the heck out of being at work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.