Off Roading Forums banner

Where can I go?????

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  GTRider245 
G
#1 ·
I am unsure of where to go wheelin at, and does it matter what kind of tires I have? The tires that are on my truck are on/off-road, by BFGoodrich. Oh, yeah, what kind of gear should I keep in my truck when wheelin?

#2 ·
Don't let folks try to tell you that you need specific tires to wheel with.....I used to use kelly a/t on my zuke while crawling the Rubicon. They were half bald ....if you find yourself slipping and sliding too much , drop your air pressure to about 12 lbs per tire, and you'll be amazed how much more traction you have while offroad. Afterwards you'll need to find a gas station to re air them back up before you drive at highway speed, but a/t 's are fine.

as far as what gear .....it depends on what you doing ? I can tell you that the Slower you go the less chance of breaking something will be. So try 4 high but if you find your ford can't make it over stuff , go to 4-low.......the basic rule of thumb is how low of a gear you need to make it over or through the obstacle with out stopping or getting stuck is the deal !

Did you contact the 4x4 club in Santa Rosa ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.