Off Roading Forums banner

I NEED HELP!!!!!

949 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Humthis 
G
#1 ·
Ok, here's the deal: I'm 22, don't make too much money, just got a 1986 Ford f150 4by, and I want to start wheelin!!! Problem: I can't seem to find any good useful websites that make sence to me!!!! Where do I start??? There seems to be so much stuff!!!

High-centered,
~Kevin

#2 ·
Fill your Tank, find a hill , put it in 4x4 and go !

Beyond that .......There is alot of trial and error , if none of the 4x4 sites make sense to you. Otherwise, dig deeper into this site and you'll find volumes of info about the subject !

Being that you don't make much money........thats ok, you can still have fun wheeling...I'd recommend going with a friend in another Truck , in case you stuck , who has a tow strap, etc. Depending on your area of the country, there should be 4x4 clubs in your vicinity that will be glad to teach you whats up with wheeling in your neck of the woods. Try doing a search on Google ( 4x4 clubs in _______ ( your area ) , __________ ( Your State ). Then contact the clubs , sign up and go have fun !!!

There are tons of info I could speak volumes on: Lift, tires, gears,Lockers, T-Cases, engine mods, cages, exo-skeletons, Articulation, Rock Crawling, Muddin, etc...

The best thing for you to do is contact some local folks that go 4 wheeling, and read all you can about the subject. Do another search on www.google.com for : How to go four wheeling, or 4x4 in a ford F-150 or 4 wheel drive clubs in ___________ ( Your Area ) , etc..... ad infinitum !!!!!

Good Luck , stay on the Skinny pedal, Keep the rubber side down and most of all Have fun !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.