Off Roading Forums banner

Fight High Gas Prices!

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Young pyro boy 
G
#1 ·
Here's something I just received from a friend and it makes a lot of sense!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more
money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil
companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif
Shell...................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil...........130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway......117,740,000 barrels

Amoco...................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over
$18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle
Eastern oil:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Citgo.......................0 barrels

Sunoco......................0 barrels

Conoco......................0 barrels

Sinclair....................0 barrels

BP/Phillips.................0 barrels

Hess........................0 barrels

ARC0........................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
You can also tell your Federal and state representatives you're tired of paying taxes and extra for special "blends" of gasoline. Federal and state taxes add 10%-30% to the price per gallon of gas, not to mention what the EPA has done to the refining process.

The Arabs aren't the only ones taking us for a ride.

G
#3 ·
Well, other than for turning that over there into a big parking lot and sand and surf! Selling ice cold beer and camel burgers.Theres not much any of us can do but cry about it.Or better still just live and act as its no different than before untill you happen to dig in your wallet and at any given time or reason! As gas is one part of the major pie!More like what in the hell isnt expensive today?As you basicly have to all but own an oil well in order to even have a bank account anymore.As my money is tired when it reaches my wallet and its not in there long enough to get even a quick nap!So I do everything I possably cant from A to Z to combat the overal pressures from life.But thats sure no cure all ether! As who has the time to even if your lucky enough to have all the talent.Then when you drive a inline four cylinder and had for basicly your intire driving life.As when it wasnt my same 85 toy then the cylinders were just moved around in someway.As the six and worse the V8s when I could afford to feed 8 vacuum feeders.They were when life was at its peak back then and those were basicly extra and toys in much expense!So we add bigger breathing air filters and exhuast big cams high CR pistons and valves with a bunch of port work! Just so the little beast can ether get out of ones way to now manage the hills and steep highway grades alittle better.But then we add those huge tires and what is to huge anyways? When you can throw a bunch of teeth at them! And pack a ton in all more weight on board just to make the engine miserable once again.So what Ive done is only add whats really needed and will be used.And according to the cost and usage is what ruled along in the heavy fuel prices I was to look at reguardless due to my engine ran fine on regular its whole life other than when its nucular here in the summer.But thats all changed and alot! As now Im lucky to get by on primo pump gas.So you pull out all the stops in better sense and power and wear usage as we all really should had anyways.Since my 85 with 33x10:50 TSL radials gets up and goes just fine! And with those stock ring & pinions.Why the hell spend more money to then turn your some thing alot worse wearing some out faster to plan burning more gas no doubt! And there weaker!!Because some folks dont think enough thats why or they feel the need to have tires really meant for some 1-ton power stroked non gas engine?AT least for me and Im no sissy at all! As Ive done alot crazyer things Im willing to bet in life than most have or will.Not crazy daring.And in all the years Id owned my truck 1" over stock tires worked fine other than grades!And so now if Im not as happy as one could ever hope to be offroad.Then Im doing somethings wrong!Or just need to wait till I can afford the bigger longer power stroked monster! So it can haul my big trailer with my tubed badboy built to non highway stilts!So since mines a daily like it alot and drive it alot more vehicle.Ive decided that leaving the R&P alone will be just one answer for the gas deal.And lower gears and a stronger output shaft in my transfer case.As I was going dual but sticking to the easyer school in that of low and single!Hey its cool you just look straight up alot! LOLSure! Then you start by reducing alot of that heavy bulky and anything thats dragging that poor little 4banger into the ground.And its fun and its productive! As you tear out that A/C if I can you can without question! Use a 12 volt osolating fan it feels great after you break a slight sweat or bring along a squirt bottle for a poormans mister sister!Then that small not so cool and heavy radiator and buy a aluminum bigger two race cored unit! My engines happier than it ever had been!As it now has that blk bad electric fan as a cooler team as well.And since I was at it! I tore out damned near everthing and replaced only some and in all far better and non expense of toyota!And Im here to tell anyone! Youd be flat amazed at all the nice workable room and basicly nothings any real problem under my hood and wont be ever again!SDS EM4F took great care over all my old factory injection and ignition dutys with all adjustable parameters through out even plus to minus 50% on injectors! No mass air joke meter and big expense as well not good for but in ones way all the time.Lost one and now run two as thats all anyone needs for a radiator! Those japs were all high on saki when then went to work on the engine compartment no damned doubt!As it was just one big ugly hard to work on redunent better excuse for a real damned MESS!You guys cant get to even you expensive fuel filters that then your to of course throw OUT? OH no we wont play that dumber and insane game!So I throw mine out alright and it wasnt even old!Not like the very thought of doing anything but with it again sure was! So now Ive got a cool looking mega galloned per hour with a inexpensive 8 buck replaceable filter inside the nice aluminum light aeromotive unit from summitracing!Expensive one time only!Then mounted right on the frame rail and by my left front wheel with a summitracing fuel pressure gauge for 20 bucks right after it so I will see when its starting to clogg before your screwed only way out there some place?Replace that steel fuel tank with a trick 20 gallon so you have something to bitch about once its full.But then only when you pay as once on your way! Smile as your set for that day no problems.Tear that heavy bed off! Build one out of small 1" tube mildsteel and all aluminum flooring and side panels.Looks cool works fine enough as mines even 14whopping inces all shorter as I built it into my frame and the end was just a dandy spot for that rear incorporated stout bumper and reciver hitch! Lighter no doubt than that all steel bed and huge tubed and no doubt stout smitty! That also stuck way out!So of course we need a lighter but tricker and slicker front! Only my bed is what dream are made of.As underneth its 5inch lifted floor.Hides the 2hp briggs which powers the other free twin air compressor! And without all that godaweful damned noise that always comes in anything oiless isnt close to nice!Much less will they keep up to anything like the gas power and alot more CFM.So you say you wished you had an impact or die grinder with cutoff wheel? Try mine it works great!And doesnt tax the snot out of my nice duel optimas in both a red and deeper yellow and longer cycle and hassles what hassles?Just take care of there charging thats all.And so that why I also kept that small alternator!As anything bigger isnt going to be nice on fuel or that little banger.Humm so I went to the drawing board then to the welder and walla! Went from seven pulleys and three belts down to 4 pulleys and only one belt so a spare is easy!Just as it is to get at anything before I moved that pump!And Im here to tell you! Every single thing done under my hood saved lots on weight and in all drag on my now bigger than the old turbo engine in HP and from a none.Just a good breathing and all matched components inside the engine all whats left out?As now even the alternator is a two minute and not two knuckle busted to bleeding all over hell and you!Oh and relocated your oil filters and then that also is right at your finger tips and holds more fresh oil and cant drian out killing your engine! Because it hangs the way one was supposed to!And then wont make a oily mess every time anyone like you will be in changing whats not a hassle anymore!Plus get this! ONLY 4 much much cheaper senors period!All the rest?? Who wants them there cheap! And all there including the cold fart injector!Who needs the extra gas and god knows what else squirting when we dont like it! HaHA.And so these are just afew of my all better and done deals no doubt and why Im not going to pout!And nether would you! If its been four full and long hell bendt for all leather and some gears!As mine now sports that real Hotrod look and a serious 4wheeler in all better no dealer!Then just to kick it in the bed! You remove any steel hp robbers in wheels and roll faster in all aluminum.Go with some form of higher steering and loose some more but gain where it counts!Loose those rear dummer drummer in bad brakes.Go with the disks that stop quick like theres snakes!But lighter no doubt just as in all the rest! Faster to if you do so dont be lazy lift that finger and grab that wrench!As all should not or wed think? To be well built takes alot more than throwing afew backs at someone else.And just to throw on that lift or set of springs? To tall tires as whos not in dents?Skid plate for better and good sense!Then and only then will you have a well planned out and better built rig! Its alittle lighter and so it breaks alittle than less and down.But it also stops quicker than ever before.So you wont have to throw one foot out that door anymore!Just as its not anyless but alot more! When its time to open a door.And climb in!WOW! Thats what you will think and who knows in others? Due to the custom and upgraded super comp suspended and four pointed and belted in!As you crank up the volume and its no doubt! Why you need such seats and four straps to hold you in!No not really oh here we are! As your point up and see only sky?Ok I didnt recall any space shuttle experiance required here!You dont so grab two cold ones a pass one this way.And thats the only way to spend the day!

#4 ·
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lame.jpg

Required reading. .

Nobody likes paying almost $3/gallon for gasoline, but before you say we shouldn't buy our gas at Shell, etc. you should know what you're talking about. If we don't buy their crude, then Japan, China, Korea, you name them, will gladly buy all that we don't.

How will that reduce the prices we pay????????

p.s. Toy4therock WTF?????

G
#7 ·
On a cooler note, this afternoon I filled up my Tahoe ($68.00/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif) did the math... 18.36 MPG, up from 16.5. W00T! That's what driving like an old lady does for me. I still did an average of 5 over the speed limit in certain areas, I was just smarter with the skinny pedal about it.

#10 ·
gas prices sucks, my gmc gets gallonage. i went from tire size 285/75/16 to 3/5 75/16 and it killed my gas mileage from 300+ to the tank to around 250 to the tank. but its sooo worth it. id never be caught dead behind the wheel in a small car. on the plus side, at least i dont pay $125+ to tank up the suburban.

p.s. - toy4therock, WTF!!! who writes something that big at 5:22AM in the morning??? for that matter who writes anything at 5:22AM?

G
#11 ·
OK this has been going araound the internet way to much. None of this is true at all!!!!
Most gas stations don't know what refinery they are getting their gas from in the first place and the refineries don't care as long as the oil flows in with the proper sweetness (amount of sulpher in the oil)
It is NOT the foreiners that are pushing up the prices. It is our own gas companies. If you don't believe me you can verify what I'm saying by going to snopes.com (a myth debunking site) and check it out. The Brits, who already pay about five times what we do, didn't see their prices rise at all during the summer. And ALL their oil is imported. As for the Saudis boycotting american goods? The Caddi escalade is the MOST popular car in Saudi Arabia and they sell for the equivilent of $85,000 to $120,000 each. There is only one way to bring the prices down in this country. Stop buying gas altogether, once the demand goes away so will the prices.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil
companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif
Shell...................205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil...........130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway......117,740,000 barrels

Amoco...................62,231,000 barrels

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle
Eastern oil:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Citgo.......................0 barrels

Sunoco......................0 barrels

Conoco......................0 barrels

Sinclair....................0 barrels

BP/Phillips.................0 barrels

Hess........................0 barrels

ARC0........................0 barrels

#14 ·
And is still $1.50 MORE than it should be. But oh well, you don't like the price, GET A BICYCLE. Until enough of you SAPS out there figure it out and rise up against Gov and BIG BIZ MONOPOLY, they will continue to run it up in you from behind with no lube, and all you will do is whine like a little kindegartner.

G
#16 ·
Arco sells gas here realy cheep compared to other here in washington state. It sell for 2.07 here. every body else is selling for like 2.30 a gallon. its nuts, i think that OPEC is just gougeing our wallets and so are other gas producers. why i dont know but i think its just beacause they can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.