Off Roading Forums banner

2005 dodge 1500 govenor

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Beerstalker 
G
#1 ·
can someone please tell me how to take the governor of my 2005 dodge 1500 5.7 hemi...ive got all the power but its being wasted since i cant break 105 so please help

#2 ·
I'm unsure how you'd go ahead and fool the computer into thinking you're going slower than the limit without the computer being alerted. I think things like the ABS and possibly other systems might get confused and or upset about that. Plus why would you want to go over 105 in a truck? Is this on a track or just the street? Plus if you posted in the Dodge forum you'd increase your chances of a response, although they tend to have older ones over there.

#8 ·
Yeah, but not since I went to the bigger tires, now I have a hard time getting to 95.

Tell you what though the first time I hit the limiter it scared the crap out of me. I thought I burned up a piston or something cuase the power just drops and it feels like the brakes were put on.

I definitely do not suggest that people drive this fast in a truck that big on normal roads though, it gets to be a real beast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.