Best IFS suspension lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Nissan, All

Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2001, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Best IFS suspension lift

I was wondering ya'll guys think is the best hardbody IFS suspension for your money? Does automotive customizers make a suspension lift?
Oh ya and this is off the subject but I was also wondering what do some of ya'll do to waterproof your electronics?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2001, 09:14 PM
BrettM

Default Re: Best IFS suspension lift

What size tires do you want to run? With the Superlift lift kit, you can run up to 32" and barely trim the fender. 33" will fit but require more trimming. Wheel offset makes a big difference here. If the money is there, Trailmaster is more thorough and will accommodate 33" tires and larger a lot better. Rancho's lift kit for the Nissan Hardbody is terrible. Check out my web site for more info on these and pictures. Look under 'Modifications' then 'Suspension/'.

http://kirk.centralva.net/~bmag

Brett
http://kirk.centralva.net/~bmag
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2001, 12:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, Automotive customizers makes a kit. It is very similar to the superlift kit, and is quite affordable! I would strongly suggest the aftermarket heavy duty torison bars (sway away single stage power bars are great, $149). You will also need to order shocks seperately. AC has good deals on RS5000's and can get you the right length for the kit. I would not suggest over a 32" tire without a body lift, even with trimming 33's will rub like mad. The 32's may rub without the proper backspacing of wheels. Talk to mike at AC, and Im sure he can suggest the best wheel width, and backspacing. Stick with an 8" wheel, the wider the wheels, the harder it is on your steering components! Just my thoughts....

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
Path26@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
Old 01-10-2001, 10:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Of course that depends on the tire. I test fit a BFG AT 33x10.50 and with only the AC lift, Which I need to reindex the t-bars cause I lost 1 inch of lift with the winch and bumper, it would barely rub at all with street driving. Though I wont get a full set until I get the t-bars indexed. Stock offset is 4 and 7/8.

Robert Morawski
rjmorawski@home.com
ORC Nissan Section Editor

Will Rogers never met Bill Clinton
Old 01-10-2001, 04:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best IFS Lift.... No SuCH ThInG..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Waterproofing Electronics - Dielectric grease, new "O" rings, Devinchi came up with the all-time great for your computer "Tupper-Ware" it works great!

I may grow old, but I'll NEVER, grow up
Old 01-10-2001, 05:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I'm gonna go with the 31x10.50 Yokohama Geolander MT's. I'm not going for bigger tires I just want some flexing room. Since I'm moving up to Indiana this May, I wanna do a little rock crawling, as far as my IFS can get me. Down here in texas we don't do any crawling so I don't really have any need for a lift, hell all we do is go romping (mudding). All though everydody and their mother down here drives a chevy, dodge, or ford with at least 12inches of lift. Oh ya I was reading about that tupperware thing for the computer on an older post, sounds like a really good idea.

Old 01-10-2001, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For some additional room did you consider a body-lift also..? Just curious!

I may grow old, but I'll NEVER, grow up
Old 01-10-2001, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, the tupperware idea was mine! He must be raiding my thoughts, LOL --So that's why I yell in my sleep!!

TONY(HARDBODY)
<font color=red>"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2001, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought of a body lift but can't seem to find one that has all the brackets for relocating crap. I also checked with the off-road shops around here to see how much it would cost just to have them install the body lift, and it that would cost $370 for everthing. So I said I could just go with a suspension lift for the same price if not less. I like the body lifts from Spencer Low Racing, because they come with everything. But they only make lifts for the Xterra, Frontier, and Desert Runner. Suggestions???

Old 01-11-2001, 07:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I have a body lift that I intend on installing somewhere along the line (most likely while it is all apart for the axle install) I bought this kit of Pooge here on the board (he lives about 35 min away from me) I am going to use the pucks out of it, and maybe a few bolts, other than that I am making all the brackets etc. that I need for the lift. I will most likely fabricate new bumpers that have longer supports for the 3" increase.

<font color=orange> Tim</font color=orange>
<font color=black>'95 Nissan HB
<font color=green>'87 Range Rover

tim@datalimbo.com
FAREAST4x4.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement