The New SUV Grocery Getter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Nissan, All

Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2000, 12:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default The New SUV Grocery Getter

hehehe, this is my new SUV. The wife was complaining that she still couldn't see over all the other SUVs.

Thanatoz
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]Its a JEEP thing, I wouldn't understand it...and I don't give a $&*%!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-4872-Taipan_01.jpg (15.2 KB, 6 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2000, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: The New SUV Grocery Getter

Nice, but what's the landing hook on the top for?

NISSAN IFS SUCKS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2000, 05:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heck, where do I sign..lol. The hook is for the busy shopping parking lots, so the matching military style helicopter can conviently find you a parking spot, and drop you right in at the grocery store. No driving around 50 times..

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
Path26@aol.com
Old 04-01-2000, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ilike it realy !! But how do you get in there seems to be a lack of door's ? Through on of those access panels maybe ?

Bendder

Old 04-02-2000, 01:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hehehe, actually I don't think its a landing hook, I think either its a snorkel or more likely a antenna of some sort, but just possibly a periscope for some reason. The door is in the rear though. It was one of the submissions for the Austrlian Bushmaster project. They are looking somekind of IMV (Infantry Mobility Vechicle). The min. requirements were to carry 9 soldiers and gear, fuel and supplies for 3 days (including at least 270 Liters of water) a range of 600-1000 klicks cruising at 90 Kph on highway (what is that in mph anyways?) and have the offroad ability of a Nissan Pathfinder....er, I mean Unimog. This prototype is actually on a Unimog chassis. Pretty cool, eh? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Unimog except for parts. And yes, I enjoy a good military vechicle. Some day I would like to restore one, maybe an old Dodge M37 Weapons Carrier or M43 Ambulance.

Thanatoz
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]Its a JEEP thing, I wouldn't understand it...and I don't give a $&*%!

Old 04-03-2000, 02:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No, No, No! Common guy's it's for mid-flight refueling or should I say Mid-shopping refueling. :-) Hahahaha!

Chris J.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]It's not the Biggest, but at least I use it![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2000, 12:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default You want military get one of these.

Here's my Rover in various states of undress. It was heavily camo'd so I had a lot of work to remove 20 years of military schemes.It is an Air Portable, which was designed for helicopter drops. The body panels are removable, most at least, and it's got a 24V electrical system for the Radio that it sported in the back.
Oh yeah, it used to have infrared lights mounted on the wings, along with the still functioning convoy light and white painted rear Diff, for those secret night missions. I just can't imagine someone wouldn't hear it first.

Now that's a military truck!

2000 Yellow Xterra 4x4
1974 Camouflaged Land Rover "Lightweight"
mpeckham@mindspring.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement