Z24 turbo kit for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Nissan, All

Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2002, 07:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Z24 turbo kit for sale

I ran this on my D21 with the TBI. I'm sure it would fit all Naps Z series motors though. This is the factory turbo top end from Japan. The head is the same as the U.S except it has notches for the injectors. The turbo intake can only be used with the turbo head. The intake is complete minus the injectors. The cast aluminum valve cover fits both heads as does the ex. man. The intake is complete minus the injectors. I ran it with the US throttle body injection with the plenum pictured and intercooler. I have the piping for both set ups. It uses a stock 280zx turbo. The turbo does leak oil on the compressor side, but does work fine. An aftermarket ecu would be needed for the port injection manifold. A Toyota 22RET(2.4L) ecu might work as they were turboed too. If run with TBI you'll need a boost retard(MSD) and an additional injector setup like SDS sells. $400 obo for everything shipping

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2002, 07:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Z24 turbo kit for sale

Forgot the pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-658918-P1010114.jpg (60.2 KB, 41 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-19-2002, 07:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

another pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-658922-P1010115.jpg (60.3 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-19-2002, 07:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

TBI plenum and intercooler

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-658923-P1010116.jpg (57.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-25-2002, 04:47 PM
JSent

Out of curiosity...
How much of a difference did the turbo make?
How was the gas mileage?
Where did you get it from?

I'm kinda curious cause i've been looking to get away from carbouretors and I know nissan made a Z24i with fuel injection (right before they made the KA24) so i've been looking into way's to convert my Z24s into an i.

JSent
I just might take it off your hands if nobody else does.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It made a huge difference. I could easily hang with my friends new at the time 95' V6 Nissan D21 at 7psi. There's a turbo calculator here http://www.turbofast.com.au/TFmatch.html. I never checked the mileage before or after the instal but you will use more gas if you make more power. If you're not making boost(not getting on it) it would be the same as it is now. I got it from a friend who had a container of used Zcar parts shipped over here to resell, It's that low milage Japan thing. If you are serious about converting it to efi look at http:// http://www.sdsefi.com/ .They sell probably the most user friendy and affordable EFI to program and can be had with ignition too. Look at the 240sx on there. If you're just looking to make more power and keep the carb, the plenum I have is designed for a weber DGV carb, I just made a plate to use with the TBI. You could do a blow through set up and still run the intercooler with a weber carb. I wouldn't waste my time converting it to the Z24i TBI injection if you are going to convert it to efi, make it an e not an i injected motor, do the port injection or swap in a KA24e or VG30e. New lowered price $350 obo + shipping
Clifton

Sponsored Links
Advertisement