Off Roading Forums banner

Hello from Long Island NY- '16 Suburban Owner

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Offrad 
#1 ·
HI Board

Thanks for accepting my request to join. I can see that there are quite a few knowledgeable posters on this board and I'm looking to see if I can pick some of your brains on the issue of my stock '16 Suburban and outer beach driving.

In a nutshell and as you might know, ground clearance with the front air dam and stock 18" wheels is pretty bad, measured in inches and not feet. I know that levelers are an option, but also know that it involves a good amount of work and can compromise the integrity of the front end, according to a local 4x4 shop that was looking to sell me on a lift kit.

I really need to just buy another few inches, as I always air down (had a '13 Tahoe before the Burb) from 32 to 15 PSI, but our sand is very soft and far from a smooth level ride.

I'd rather avoid lifting the vehicle with a true kit, as I'm concerned with raising the center of gravity any higher and have kids in the back.

Are you thinking that slightly larger tires/rims is really the only true fix? If so, where are your go-to sites? Tirerack? Thanks so much for your time and feedback!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.