Southern noob - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 01:23 PM

basketcase is on a distinguished road
Default Southern noob

Well … the instruction says introduce yo’self so here ‘tis.

Real name Rick – I live in Alabama. Other perhaps helpful stuff –

- Former U.S. Marine and “will never really get out of the Corps in my soul Jarhead.” But I’m not closed minded. For those who insist on exercising their right to burn our flag I say by all means have at it. But please do wrap yourself in it and douse yourself in gasoline just before you light the match.

- Avid motorcyclist. At age five I learned to ride a bicycle and the same year (1959) an uncle took me for a half-mile ride on his vintage Harley trike. I’ve been in love with every manner of two-wheeled conveyance ever since. Since age 14 I've owned Suzuki's, Hondas, and BMW motorcycles.

- Love the outdoors. In 2010 myself and a long-time friend and fellow motorcyclist did a month long dual-sport motorcycling trip out west, taking in parts of New Mexico, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. We stayed in small-town cheap motels, ate at the best restaurants available, and found the adventure to be life-changing, which leads me to –

- Purpose for being here on this forum. The same friend wants to go back out west and ride some of the same areas but in a 4x4. We found the downside to being on two-wheels was that we were frequently working so hard to stay upright that we were unable to look up and really enjoy the view.

We both own 4x4 pickup trucks (mine a 2010 Ranger, his a 2010 Nissan Frontier) but we think a Jeep to be the better option for what we have in mind. So we plan to snag something in a pre-’08 Wrangler and spend a year ahead of the trip learning the marque and preparing the vehicle.

I’ll be reading and asking questions here to mine the collective brain trust.

Last edited by basketcase; 03-08-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammer & speelin'
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.