95 Tracker Newbie...Hello - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM

TracknTimbo is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Tracker Newbie...Hello

Thanks for allowing me to become a member of Tracker/Sidekick owners. I also have an Arctic Cat 300 4x4 for farm use. Yes, I have a few vehicle problems that I need help with, but I also have a lot of answers for the many fixes I've done on my own. I'll refrain from posting "my opinion" unless the poster is seeking opinion, and keep my info factual, based on my vehicle and the FSM. I'm interested in keeping my Tracker alive. I've already raised it from the dead, as it sat in my pasture for 4 years. It runs good, drives nice, gets a lot of looks from others on the road, but still has a few problems, like 20 mpg. CEL is not throwing any more codes...fixed all of those. Now, I'm down to an apparent bad TCC solenoid and possible governor fluid pressure switch. Along with your help, I'm sure I'll get it back to the 32 mpg it got before the 4 years of pasture death. With all of the repairs I've done, and an almost worn out FSM, I feel I have enough background knowledge to occassionally help others with problems I've encountered. I am NOT a mechanic by choice. My last mechanic was an alcoholic parts swapper that took most of my good parts off for his buddy's Tracker. When I took my car back, it got 14 mpg, fuel injectors squirting fuel everywhere, 4 or 5 CEL codes, swapped out intake manifold, etc, etc. It was in worse shape than when I gave it to him. Never again. Thanks again for allowing my membership.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement