New member from Idaho Falls - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > General Off-Road > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 12:01 PM

idaho is on a distinguished road
Default New member from Idaho Falls

Greetings. Technically, I'm a new member but that's because I somehow lost my old user ID from when I joined many years ago. The Off-Road Dot Com website and Forums are--IMHO--THE BEST there is on the planet.

We bought our first Zuk in 1999. It was a 1987. We finally sold it in 2007. Over the years, the folks here on the Off-Road Forum were the best help possible--the best help I ever had, Period. You guys are AWESOME!

We've had 7 Samurais since 1999 and currently have two. Our daily driven is a 1988.5 with an aftermarket hardtop. The other one is a Garage Queen 1986 tintop with only 92,000 miles. Both are basically bone stock. We use the 88.5 for long backroad trips. A couple of years ago I made a blog for our 88.5--it hasn't been updated for awhile but it's got some interesting stuff on it: If You Zuki...

I signed back up here because I've got a problem with a fuel pump that's driving me freaking NUTS!!!! I've swapped out 4 Zuk fuel pumps over the years with NO problems whatsoever. We always carry a spare and the right tools.

Well, a couple of days ago, I needed to swap the pump out of the Garage Queen. Popped on the pump and it won't pump and it also leaks oil out of the bottom of the gasket. "No problem," I thought. Wrong. Pulled it off and put it back on two more times-same problem each time. it mates the block perfect and, of course, I carefully check the push rod for "low cam." I'm not doing any different that I have for the other four successful swap. I'm stumped. Anyway, after they give me approval to post elsewhere, I will start a thread on it in the proper place.

We love Suzuki Samurais, ain't NO doubt about it! I will post up some photos of our two Zuks soon.

Well, ya'll have a great day, Happy Wheeling, Happy Memorial Day, Happy Trails and Many Cheers! John Parsons, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement