Custom Box Body for Unimog or similar?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mercedes Unimog All discussion concerning Mercedes, Unimog vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
SimpleSimon

Custom Box Body for Unimog or similar??

Hi folks!
First time poster here, and with any luck soon to be proud owner of a Unimog U1300l for expedition camper conversion. I have a question for any Mog owners who have fitted custom boxes for camper conversions, or done similar to other truck chassis'. I have some CAD diagrams for a bespoke GRP/Plywood boxbody for the back of a unimog, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar body constructed, and how much roughly did it cost you? I'm UK-based, but i'd be interested to hear any info from those not in the UK as well, just so i can have some rough ideas before I enter proper negotiations with a manufacturer. Any help appreciated, Cheers

Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 AM
gavin

Unimog Camper Box Body

Hi Simon
Getting a custom body built for a Unimog could cost anything between 10,000 and 25,000 pounds depending on the spec - prices quickly add up with solar panels, heaters , windows , ovens etc.
I have some pictures of my 1300L and an info sheet I can send you - contact me on <unimog4sale@yahoo.co.uk>
FYI my Mog is for sale Euro 32,000, 1986, OM352A 168hp, Right hand drive, sleeps two, shower, toilet, kitchen, solar panels, generator, moped - too much to mention here. Have a look at:
Unimog Camper, 1986 1300L, Located Tanzania - The HUBB

Regards

Gavin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode