Where is everybody? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mercedes M-Class Discussion of all topics, relating to Mercedes M-Class vehicles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-29-1999, 01:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where is everybody?

$100 grand for a hummer- i test drove one and they are no comfort vehicle I'll tell you that. tell you what, I'll take the $100 grand and invest it into my YJ, hows that? then have some leftover to buy more jeeps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-31-1999, 05:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That sounds like a good plan as well... Build up one Jeep for each day of the week... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2000, 05:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

so is this daimler chrysler thing gonna affect our jeeps? i hope not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2000, 11:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We'll probably get more cup holders out of the deal. And maybe heated mirrors and seats LOL!

Axlesupagain
98TJ 4.56 detroits 96XJ 3.73 lockright

post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2000, 11:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

that thing you saw was a glendewagon. it is a very capable land rover type suv. they sold it for one year in the US, but is ws too hard core for the mercedes crowd. glendewagon means "earth car" in german.

<font color=blue>TomKlipp<font color=blue>
100% Y2K DEFIANT
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2000, 08:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

LA wheeling

These things I see more and more around town here in LA. LA is such a wierd f-ing place. People drop a minimum ot $40k on a 4wd luxo wagon, always hoping never to see dirt. It is just to get up highway 395 w/o chains to get to their condo in Mammoth to go skiing. It is really a laugh. BTW the 4wd doesn't mean a damn to the highway patrol, they make you put em on with a car and street tires like that.

Think of a gal in full demins and cowboy boots (with silver spurs, no really) in Calabasas (old ranching area, but "rustic" and mega $$$) in the do-it-yourself place having somebody load plastic garabage cans into the rear seat of her 635 BMW...

It's all image baby....

post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 05:37 PM
Addict

Yes, Diamler-Chrysler is messing up the Jeeps. First, they kill off the Cherokee, the only newer SUV with a solid front axle, then they replace it with that ugly IFS 'Liberty'. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Dean
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LOL !!! Pickin' on Merc-drivers......
The G-wagon you saw is actually one of the most capable off-road rigs you can buy off the shelf. Full time 4x4, manual 100% lockers front/middle/rear, great articulation with solid/solid on coils. Add the tires for your style of wheelin' and you're set.
I know people who take them from the dealer directly thru the Sahara desert without any other mods than sandtires.
Pricetag here in Germany starts at 45k$US plain, no electrics......

http://home.off-road.com/~karsten
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]Fear no Lift![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode