Kia - my opinion - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Go Back   Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups > Other Vehicle Specific Forums > Kia, All

Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2001, 03:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Default Re: Kia - my opinion

First...accidents...
http://www.autoweb.com.au/id_KIA/doc...1/article.html

For every on that survives another may not. Such it is from brand to brand.

The only thing that prevents it from doing rocks well is the IFS and clearance. Swap out the IFS for a solid axle(which is available) and you can hardcore on rock as much as you want. In comparison the Jeep Liberty is weak and cost more. But then again, poor Jeep...now DC.

Good Wheelin'
http://joer4x4.homestead.com/index.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2001, 11:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Someone mentioned that the vehicle, Kia is a death trap. I do not think so. The Federal Government that controls highway safety would be on it. The year 1999, 2000, the Ford Explorer with their Bridgestone tires which explodes, that is a death trap. Many people got hurt and the Federal Government came out busting Ford and Bridgestone. Now the Kia, I have heard nothing about it being a death trap. Only on this Kia board that I see a death trap. Not a reliable source but hey you can beleive what you want in life. Many people have different views. Some right and some wrong, so you believe what you want. I am not telling you to buy a Kia since it is you that will decide.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2001, 01:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The_Sandman_454 is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I've seen some footage of a pro driver doing some runs when various tires went out on the exploders intentionally at a random time and the driver had no problem what so ever, just barely had to touch the wheel to keep it under control...

They did that at high speeds up to 70mph... No problems.

The problem causing rollover is most likely the loose nut behind the wheel panicking and cranking the wheel or nailing the brakes or some other such thing to upset the balance of the vehicle... It was perfectly stable...

</font>

Tim "Sandman"
Old 12-26-2001, 11:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Clickablehttp://www.autoweb.com.au/id_KIA/doc...1/article.html
I wouldn't count on the federal goverment,look how long it took them to do anything about the firestone tire situation.The federal goverment is notorious for being slow to react to situations like this especially when it can impact the economy. And as far as that link goes thats only one case, I for one don't want my family riding around in one of them.
Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I saw a few post back wondering why car company's don't provide 4-5 point harness's. I just saw upcoming data on Volvo and they have a very easy to use 4 point seat belt system. It should be in their cars by 2003 or 04.

Old 12-30-2001, 12:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The_Sandman_454 is an unknown quantity at this point

<font face="Comic sans MS">About time some company decided to start putting harnesses in a vehicle rather than the nearly worthless 3 pt ones... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"
Old 03-30-2002, 01:37 PM
slam

Why doesn't any new car company's offer a descent true 4 wheel drive today(except for jeep)? Because there is alot of people out there who mouth off that they are death traps and we shouldn't be driving them on the road. Then there's the press like consumer reports and 60 mins who love to spread lies just to get a story, anything to get people going. Than we have the lawyers waiting with there mouths watering to get the money from the big "evil" car manufacturers, from law suits that should never have been filed. Its driver error to roll a vehicle, not bad vehicle design, plain and simple. Anytime you get into any vehicle you risk death, each type of vehicle has a different type of risk. Your risk of roll-over is greater in an SUV or pickup than in most cars, so you drive the vehicle with that in mind and avoid situations that can get you into trouble. That doesn't mean you wont ever get into a roll over, but still it doesn't matter because we are taken a risk. Just like if we drive a small car, the risk may not be so much a roll over risk but some other type of risk. So lets not get into the calling vehicles death traps just cause there not what we would have. Remember the CJ-5, CJ-7, Bronco's and Bronco II's, Suzuki Sam, all out of production because press and lawyers telling lies. And the worst part is alot of us believed them. Now we have to live with big fat ugly soccer mom SUV's that have about as much off-road ability as a station wagon.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:44 PM
slam

And another thing, we dont want the government involved, its my decision what I should drive, not anyone elses and not the governments. Keep america free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement