I like them.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like them..

My wife and I have been looking at them..we live in Michigan in the snow belt,and like the price and now being able to get a lift kit is a big plus.
Im very happy with my 87 s10 blazer butshe wants a 4x4 for family things and the KIA we can get all 3 kids into and I wonder how they would do on some EZ trail driving.. any advice on these neat little critters would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 01:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I like them..

I don't know, with a screen name like Superbubba I doubt that you'd be able to fit inside one.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 01:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Jeep XJ Cherokee is the best SUV style offroading vehicle there is.. Besides a Range Rover.. But for the price you cant beat it.. Proven drivetrain.. The 4.0 Engines can last 200k plus miles and are super strong (fast).. Storage is plentiful.. Fits the kids and some gear.. Aftermarket has seen this and now there is a plethora of lifts, accessories, and performance parts.. The XJ has been sold around the world and has not changed much in the last 15 years.. Parts are everywhere.. Its a proven vehicle.. Plus I just heard it will be around till 2005 when Jeep had a replacement for it.. Hmmm even Jeep knows its a good vehicle..
I have driven my stock XJ in to some territory that suprised me and blew me away that it could make it back there.. Mild mods are in the future for it to expand its off-road ability.. I truly believe it can climb over anything..
People try to compare the other manufactures SUV's to the Jeep and its just wrong.. Rav4, Sportage the MB 300 or whatever that thing is, Hondas whatever, Ford Exploder, they are all SUV bodies on a car chassis.. Look underneath.. Even your blazer is one of them.. They all have IFS which is suited for the street.. Solid front axle is the way to go if you want to go crawling around in the woods...
Dont get me wrong.. I have been a die hard Chevy fan.. Its my first Jeep. I learned the hard way, for the last 6 years I have been fooling myself that I could build up my 94 S-10 4wd into a killer offroad vehicle.. 7" and running 33's I have found the limits are the IFS.. Guess what, there is a solid front axle swap in my trucks near future.. Ironic thing is, they are Jeep axles..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 07:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im 6,2 and 230 ...numb nutz..Im sure Ill fit just fine.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 08:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Explorer is actually on a truck chassis. Thats why a lot of car test don't like it because of the truck feel????I guess you just can't win in the car making buisiness, its either too mushy, too rough, not high enough, not low enough????? Oh well my F-150 is everything and then some for the work I expect it to do!!!!!!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2000, 08:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

6-2" Sorry there Bubba you sure as hell won't fit in that tin can!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you even tried to sit in one Numbnuts????????

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 02:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

POST DELETED

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 02:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Super Bubba why the hostililty? You really don't have to lie about your weight.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]We all know it's prob. 100lbs. more than that.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 06:44 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hey man, ignore them. I agree with you. I saw one in either Four Wheeler or 4Wheel and Offroad a while back that had all this baja factory stuff on it. Skid plate, brush guard, lights, some wide MT's. That, and Calimini makes a lift for them. I think it'd be a cool little 4x4 to go hit some little trails with. I know I can't fit my truck in a lot of trails, and most of them are nothing a Kia couldn't do. I'm not talking rock crawling or gumbo mudding here. Just some small mud puddles, some washouts, stuff like that.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Superbubba you should also factor into the cost of the purchase that a jeep 4.0 if well maintained last for well over 200,000 miles which gives you a lot of vhicle useage after the payments have stopped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode