I like them.. - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Kia, All Discussion of the Kia Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2000, 09:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: I like them..

Get a JEEP. It's worth it. If you plan on doing some mild offroading now you may never know that in a couple years you will be running wild trails want to be running 33's and dual lockers, try doing that to a KIA. Plus the jeep is worth the money it's cheeper in the long run, parts are cheeper and it is much more trail capable, I'm sure you could find a nice used Cherokee in good shape for the price of a KIA, Don't do it if you get the KIA you will just end up with a jeep or a truck down the line.
Andy

'95 YJ Completly Stock, not for long!

Someone Sell me a D35 limited slip I need one badly, please sell me one

Currently looking for a 16 year old jeep chick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2000, 04:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea I have to agree with Jeeper99XJ you'll quickly out grow the Kia ability and experiance wise. And when you do you'll have a hard time finding parts to modify it.I know that you may be thinking that both of us are biased because we both own jeeps but we own them for ggod reason they are very good off road and it's easy to find parts to modify them when you are ready.

post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2000, 10:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I look at the price. Kia nicely loaded $16000 and a Jeep Cherokee just shy of $26,000 with that in mind...Kia it is

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 08:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Why must it be new? If I was in that position, I'd probably sink that $16000 into an older Jeep Cherokee or Chevy S blazer, swap a solid front axle in, and a case from a jeep with crawler gears in it, and it'd handle just about anything you could throw at it... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Just my $0.02

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2000, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ture about putting the money in my s-10,Hell if i put another 3000.00 in it id have hell of a rig...but we were looking at the primarily for her to shuttle the kids around... Well that has changed too...now she wants a Excursion .
Going from Kia to Excursion now thats guys is a woman changing her mind...............
AND $40,000 for a SUV or shall we say a barge..She forgot who she married..lol I better tell her to look at the name on the mailbox and the name isnt Trump.

post #16 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 01:42 AM
Mud in my Veins

Hope your garage can fit a bus sized vehicle, she doesn't mind filling up at every gas station she sees, and that she will be walking to every mall she goes to because the things don't fit in parking garages and anything other than full size parking spots.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think the Excursions are just a big, flawed joke on Ford. The Edsel 2. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Flowmaster 40 DF 3", 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img], 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Geez I didn't think you could pick a worse vehicle than the Kia.. Well you proved me wrong.. Don't be fooled into getting the Explosion.. The $40k is the first year in gas and like the other said it dosn't fit anywhere.. Verify she can drive a large vehicle because most dont know how.. On that note look at the new Suburban with the rear steer next year.. Really cool and the turning radius of a Geo metro..

-Troy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]'<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>'[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] McCarty
http://www.tbrs.com/zrschmoo/
post #18 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 02:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If it's for her go minivan. if you are going to be seen in it get something YOU like. ha ha . good luck. jeff

jeff
86 4x4 2.8/3.4 jimmy
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I purchased a 1998 Kia 4x4 for my wife, and had NOTHING but problems. I know of countless others.

Here are just some of the problems I had:
-you are for EVER washing the front wheels from brake dust that eats you clearcoat.
-vacuum hubs do not work.
-wipers not working (some times)
-wheel-well paint flakes off.
-coolant leaks.
-Radio nobs are way too small
-new tranny after 5K

Sure they fixed them for FREE (great warranty) but what good is having it in the shop 4 days every month???
Bottom line you spent 16K for a truck, and that is what you get!

When we went back to the same dealer that we paid 16K for it and just 13 months later - with only 25K miles they said they would only take the truck back and give us only 8K!!! Good to know that they stand by there product Hu?
Look for the qualityto go up, as well as the price, or the company will be out of the US just like YUGO

PS Now she has a 2000 Montaro Sport XLS 4x4, with 20K flawless miles .

Steve
<font color=red>84 4x4 xtra cab - 3" lift - 32" ATs</font color=red>
post #20 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Our new kia has been great so far. It is the 4 door 4wd version. It is "peppy" and 4h works great. I admit that 4L has issues but other than that I am impressed with it. I was very critical at first but it has won me over, especially for the price. I am a little skeptical about the safety of the 2 door convertible in a rollover however. They seem easy to roll too, that rear rollbar looks a little flimsy.

Jay
95 Wrangler Rio Grande, BFG 30" A/Ts, basically stock
73 Commando, 304/TH400/D20, basically stock and rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode